Benefits of AACR Membership
The AACR’s mission is to accelerate the prevention and cure of cancer through research, education and training, communication, and collaboration. To further the mission, we offer our members the following benefits:
- The privilege of sponsoring a proffered paper (abstract) for consideration for presentation at the AACR Annual Meeting; (affiliate and associate members may sponsor an abstract provided that (a) the affiliate or associate member is the presenter of the paper; and (b) an active, emeritus, or honorary member in good standing of AACR also endorses the abstract of the paper in support of the work. (In this instance, the member who endorses the abstract does not lose his or her own sponsorship privilege.) Student members are not eligible to sponsor an abstract;
- Subscriptions to the association's high-quality journals: Cancer Discovery; Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention; Cancer Immunology Research; Cancer Prevention Research; Cancer Research; Clinical Cancer Research; Molecular Cancer Research; and Molecular Cancer Therapeutics at reduced member rates.
- Note: Existing members who wish to order additional publications, certificates, and pins may complete the Member Benefits Order Form and submit it to the Membership Department.
- Free online access to the digital edition of the magazine, Cancer Today;
- Discounted color and page charges for articles published in the journals;
- An advance copy of the Program (online) and the Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research, which contains more than 6,000 abstracts of proffered papers presented at the Annual Meeting;
- Priority notice of small, focused meetings in the AACR's exciting series of special conferences;
- Substantially reduced registration rates for AACR Annual Meetings and special conferences;
- Opportunities for participation in AACR meetings in North America and abroad with other scientific societies around the world;
- An online membership directory of more than 37,000 member researchers in the cancer field;
- The professional benefits of the AACR's public education activities concerning funding for cancer research and press coverage of the latest research findings;
- The opportunity to participate in summer training workshops that foster knowledge in the cancer field for investigators in training;
- Networking and informal scientific exchange with leading researchers in the cancer field;
- A membership card that acknowledges members in good standing for the current year;
- Membership certificates; and
- Many more ongoing benefits.
Applications for membership may be submitted at any time during the year. You may either submit the official AACR membership application online or download the application and submit it to the AACR office with the required documents:
American Association for Cancer Research
615 Chestnut St., 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106-4404
Please allow 30 days for application review and approval notification.