AACR Annual Meeting 2013; April 6-10, 2013; Washington, D.C.
- Nearly 200 reporters (including 140 onsite) covered the meeting
- Four press conferences covered topics such as late-breaking clinical trials, genomics and predictors of outcome, and treatment and resistance to targeted therapies. Another press event focused on Stand Up To Cancer.
- High-profile stories were published in top-tier media outlets such as Time, CBS News, CNN, NBC Nightly News, FoxNews.com, Reuters, USA Today, U.S. News and World Report, Bloomberg, Huffington Post, PBS, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, and hundreds of local TV stations nationally.
- The meeting received global coverage, including media stories in Brazil, Canada, Chile, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- To date, more than 2,700 media clips have been collected.
- Read a detailed summary of the media highlights from the 2013 Annual Meeting.
11th Annual AACR International Conference on Frontiers in Cancer Prevention Research; October 16-19, 2012; San Diego, Calif.
- 25 reporters representing several major media outlets attended two news conferences.
- More than 1,100 stories published in global media outlets such as CNN and The New York Times.
- More than 1.3 billion media impressions generated in the two weeks following the meeting.
AACR Annual Meeting 2012; March 31-April 4, 2012; Chicago, Ill.
- High-profile stories were published in major media outlets such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, HealthDay, Yahoo! News, Associated Press, The Los Angeles Times, USA Today, U.S. News & World Report, Huffington Post, Gizmodo, Reuters, The Economist and more.
- Six press conferences covered topics such as late-breaking clinical trials, vaccines and immunotherapy, and whole genome sequencing.
For more information, contact:
American Association for Cancer Research
615 Chestnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Telephone: (215) 446-7155
Fax: (215) 446-7291
Subscribe to the AACR RSS News Feed.