The AACR is dedicated to bringing you the latest innovations in mobile technology to enhance and facilitate your Annual Meeting experience. We are pleased to offer the following technology products and services.
- Free Wireless Internet Access: Wireless internet access will be available to meeting attendees in McCormick Place West.
- Online Proceedings/Itinerary Planner: Search all Annual Meeting presentations (including all proffered abstracts) by author/speaker, title word, and keyword and create a personal itinerary for the meeting.
- Mobile Itineraries: Personal itineraries created in the Itinerary Planner can be exported as an iCalendar file into users’ personal Outlook, Google Calendar, or Apple iCal applications. Itineraries are also available as an HTML page that can be emailed to users’ smartphones (iPhone, Palm Pre/Centro, HTC Touch Pro, and Blackberry Curve/Storm/Pearl) for use during the meeting.
- Mobile Proceedings: The digital edition of the Proceedings contains abstracts of all proffered papers accepted for presentation as well as the extended abstracts submitted by invited speakers. The abstracts are available for download to the Amazon Kindle, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader, and the Barnes & Noble Nook.
- Proceedings CD-ROM: Annual Meeting registrants will receive the CD-ROM Proceedings in their meeting bags onsite.
- Annual Meeting App: A meeting guide is now available to Annual Meeting attendees. The app is available in three formats: iPhone/iPad, Android, and an HTML5-based version for use on most browser-enabled smartphones.
- Annual Meeting 2012 Webcast: As in previous years, the AACR will make the Opening Ceremony, the major Plenary Sessions, and the Award Lectures available free as streaming video to all interested users. In addition, individual users can now purchase exclusive online streaming access to the audio and slides of all scientific sessions presented at the AACR Annual Meeting 2012.*
- Presentation slides synchronized with recorded audio presentations
- Speakers’ mouse movements captured and included in playback
- Available on compatible mobile devices and smartphones such as iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone
- Presentations searchable by session title, presentation title, and speaker name
- Exclusive access to online content for 15 months after the Annual Meeting
* - Purchase individual access to the AACR Annual Meeting 2012 by selecting the Premium Package when registering and get the lowest rates. Participation in the AACR Annual Meeting Webcast is left to the discretion of each speaker. As a result, some presentations may not be available for webcast, and some webcast presentations may not include all slides. Access is granted via individual username and password.
- AACR Video App : AACR conferences and audio recordings of all AACR press conferences are now available for free through the AACR Video App. Download the app now at www.aacr.org/videoapp (available for the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices) to learn about recent developments and discoveries in basic and translational cancer research. More than 20 additional videos will be available during the AACR Annual Meeting 2012.