The AACR is dedicated to bringing you the latest innovations in mobile technology to enhance and facilitate your Annual Meeting experience. We are pleased to offer the following technology products and services.
Free Wireless Internet Access
Wireless internet access will be available to meeting attendees in designated areas of the Convention Center.
Annual 2014 Program Guide App
Carry the Annual Meeting with you wherever you go—with or without a network connection. The Program Guide App is available in native versions to serve users of iPhone, iPad, and Android devices and also in a browser-based version for use on most web-enabled smartphones and tablets. The Program Guide App offers the following features:
- Native Storage: Once downloaded, all App content and functionality is stored natively on your Apple or Android device and can be accessed without an internet connection. (Note: The browser-based version of the App is a mobile-optimized website and requires an internet connection. The performance of the mobile web version will depend on the speed and strength of the user’s internet connection.)
- Meeting Abstracts: The full text of more than 5,700 abstracts is stored natively in the Apple and Android Apps, so you can access the poster session and minisymposium presentations wherever you are.
- Happening Soon: Have a free moment? Get a quick list of the sessions starting in the next 30 minutes.
- Personal Itinerary: Sessions can be bookmarked and saved to your itinerary folder to create a personal schedule for the meeting. You can also sync your itinerary to your local device calendar.
- Search/Browse: You can browse Annual Meeting sessions by type, title, topic track, or organ site track. You can also search the complete list of invited and proffered presentations—including the full text of abstract presentations—by keyword or presenter. Annual Meeting exhibitors can also be searched or browsed by company name.
- Maps: Detailed floor plans of all Annual Meeting venues—including the complete exhibit hall and poster area map as well as the hotel and bus route map—are stored natively in the App for easy browsing. From the Session View, you can open a floor plan that highlights the assigned session room for easier navigation.
Online Proceedings/Itinerary Planner
Search all Annual Meeting presentations (including all proffered abstracts) by author/speaker, title word, and keyword, and create a personal itinerary for the meeting.
Personal itineraries created in the Itinerary Planner can be exported as an iCalendar file into users’ personal Outlook, Google Calendar, or Apple iCal applications. Itineraries are also available as an HTML page that can be emailed to users’ smartphones (iPhone, Android, Palm Pre/Centro, HTC Touch Pro, and Blackberry Curve/Storm/Pearl) for use during the meeting.
The digital edition of the Proceedings will contain abstracts of all proffered papers accepted for presentation as well as the extended abstracts submitted by invited speakers. The abstracts will be available in mobi and e-pub file formats for download to the Amazon Kindle, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader, Barnes & Noble Nook, and other tablets and e-readers.
Search and browse all Annual Meeting abstract presentations by author/speaker, title word, keyword, and session type. The Annual Meeting CD-ROM will only be available for purchase. To obtain a copy of the CD-ROM at the meeting, you must check the appropriate box when registering. Order by February 5, 2014, to guarantee availability. The cost of the CD-ROM is $10.