The AACR is dedicated to bringing you the latest innovations in mobile technology to enhance and facilitate your Annual Meeting experience. We are pleased to offer the following technology products and services.
Annual Meeting 2014 Program Guide App
Carry the Annual Meeting with you wherever you go—with or without a network connection. The Program Guide App is now available in the following versions:
The Program Guide App offers the following features:
- Native Storage: Once downloaded, all App content and functionality-- including the full text of nearly 6,000 abstracts-- is stored natively on your Apple or Android device and can be accessed without an internet connection. (Note: The browser-based version of the App is a mobile-optimized website and requires an internet connection.)
- Personal Itinerary: Sessions can be bookmarked and saved to your itinerary folder to create a personal schedule for the meeting. You can also use the online Itinerary Planner to create an itinerary and then sync that itinerary to the app.
- Search/Browse: You can browse Annual Meeting sessions by type, title, topic track, or organ site track. You can also search the complete list of invited and proffered presentations—including the full text of abstract presentations—by keyword or presenter. Annual Meeting exhibitors can also be searched or browsed by company name.
- Maps: Detailed floor plans of all Annual Meeting venues—including the complete exhibit hall and poster area map as well as the hotel map—are stored natively in the App for easy browsing. From the Session View, you can open a floor plan that highlights the assigned session room for easier navigation.
- Save, Share, Make Notes: You can add notes to sessions, presentations, or exhibitors and also mark them as favorites. Notes can be e-mailed for retrieval.
Online Proceedings/Itinerary Planner
Search all Annual Meeting presentations (including all proffered abstracts) by author/speaker, title word, and keyword, and create a personal itinerary for the meeting.
Personal itineraries created in the Itinerary Planner can be exported as an iCalendar file into users’ personal Outlook, Google Calendar, or Apple iCal applications. The Itinerary Planner can also be viewed on users’ smartphones (iPhone, Android, Palm Pre/Centro, HTC Touch Pro, and Blackberry Curve/Storm/Pearl) for use during the meeting.
Mobile Proceedings for E-Book Readers
The digital edition of the Proceedings contains abstracts of all proffered papers accepted for presentation. The abstracts are available in mobi and e-pub file formats for download to the Amazon Kindle, iPad, iPhone, Sony Reader, Barnes & Noble Nook, Blackberry, and other tablets and e-readers.
Search and browse all Annual Meeting abstract presentations by author/speaker, title word, keyword, and session type. The Annual Meeting CD-ROM will only be available for purchase. To obtain a copy of the CD-ROM at the meeting, you must check the appropriate box when registering. Orders must have been received by February 5 to guarantee availability. The cost of the CD-ROM is $10.
Exclusive online streaming access to the audio and slides of scientific sessions presented at the AACR Annual Meeting 2014 is available for purchase by attendees. Webcasts will be available in mid-May 2014 and will include:
- Presentation slides synchronized with recorded audio presentations
- Speakers’ mouse movements captured and included in playback
- Presentations searchable by session title, presentation title, and speaker name
- Exclusive access to online content for 15 months after the Annual Meeting
- Available on PC and Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices with Adobe Flash player 10.1
Participation in the AACR Annual Meeting Webcasts is left to the discretion of each speaker. As a result, some presentations may not be available for webcast, and some webcast presentations may not include all slides. Access will be granted via individual username and password. As in previous years, the AACR will make the Opening Ceremony, the Plenary Sessions, and the Award Lectures available free as streaming video to all interested users. To view a demo or purchase the webcasts, visit webcast.aacr.org.
New! Member-Only Access to Professional Advancement Session Webcasts
The Professional Advancement Session presentations will be captured and made available in a special webcast package that is available free to AACR members. This special package will only be available to current members of the AACR.
WIRELESS ACCESS / INTERNET CAFE
Free wireless internet access is available throughout the Convention Center (except in Halls A-E, where Exhibits and Posters are located) by connecting to the “aacrfreenet network.” There are two Internet Cafés located in the San Diego Convention Center where attendees may use kiosks to check email and browse the Web. One is located in the Sails Pavilion, and the other is in AACRcentral in the Exhibit Hall. An AACR Annual Meeting attendee or exhibitor badge is required to use the Internet Café.
The Internet Café in AACRcentral will be open during Exhibit Hall hours; the Internet Café in the Sails Pavilion will be open on the following schedule:
|Saturday, April 5
||8:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
|Sunday, April 6
||7:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
|Monday, April 7
||7:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
|Tuesday, April 8
||7:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
|Wednesday, April 9
||7:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.