Poster Session B
Saturday, December 7 • 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- (B01) Financial strain and cancer risk factors among African American adults, Pragati Advani.
- (B02) The Cultural Framework for Health: Transforming the use of culture to reduce cancer health disparities, Marjorie Kagawa Singer.
- (B03) Cultural beliefs among Latina women: The role of acculturation and impact on timeliness of breast cancer care, Rani I. Gallardo.
Diet and Nutrition
- (B04) Development and comparison of 12-week and 4-week dietary interventions among Hispanic breast cancer survivors, Ana Corina Aycinena.
- (B05) Multivitamin supplement use and prostate cancer aggressiveness by race in the North Carolina-Louisiana Prostate Cancer Project (PCaP), Daria M. McMahon.
- (B06) Alcohol consumption and prostate cancer risk: The California Collaborative Prostate Cancer Study, Glovioell W. Rowland.
- (B07) Ratio of plasma 1,25(OH)2D to 25(OH)D is inversely associated with aggressive prostate cancer in African Americans in the North Carolina-Louisiana Prostate Cancer Project (PCaP), Susan E. Steck.
Exercise and Prevention
- (B08) Occupational and recreational physical activity in relation to prostate cancer aggressiveness: The North Carolina-Louisiana Prostate Cancer Project (PCaP), Samuel Antwi.
Familial and Genetic Epidemiology
- (B09) Predictors of comprehension of genetic and genomic information in a community-dwelling, urban underserved population, Caitlin Danielle Baptiste.
- (B10) Development of high-throughput screening methods for detecting germline cancer causing mutations in the Hispanic population, Luis G. Carvajal-Carmona.
- (B11) Replication of previously identified breast cancer susceptibility loci in a breast cancer case-control study on women of African ancestry, Yonglan Zheng.
- (B12) Recruitment of African American breast cancer pedigrees for The Jewels in Our Genes Study: recruitment outcomes and sample characteristics, Youjin Wang.
General Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- (B13) Do adipokines mediate the association between obesity and adenomatous polyps? Heather M. Ochs-Balcom.
- (B14) Population genetics analysis of prostate cancer GWAS SNPs to evaluate West African genetic ancestry as a risk factor, Ken Batai.
- (B15) Development and validation of an areca (betel) nut usage measurement tool for Micronesia, Yvette C. Paulino.
- (B16) Cancer survivorship prevalence: Descriptive analysis of cancer survivors in Puerto Rico, Aixa M. Perez-Caraballo.
- (B17) Health disparities in brain cancer incidence, Emanuela Taioli.
- (B18) Trends in cancer mortality among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, Mary C. White.
- (B19) A clinical evaluation of the clinical utility of genotype risk scores in cancer health disparities, Wonsuk Yoo.
- (B20) Polymorphism analyses in specific xenobiotic-metabolizing genes of Hispanic farmworkers from the San Joaquin Valley with hormone-dependent cancer, Yesenia Ibarra.
- (B21) Molecular epidemiological studies of breast cancer in Puerto Rican women and association with cancer health disparities, Jaime Matta.
- (B22) Altered methylation profiles of imprinted genes in response to prenatal exposure to cigarette smoke in the Newborn Epigenetic STudy (NEST) cohort, Monica D. Nye.
- (B23) Colombians with high percentage of African ancestry, carrying a specific IL1B haplotype, have increased risk of colorectal cancer, Maria Carolina Sanabria-Salas.
- (B24) Differential profiles of methylation in African American and Caucasian men diagnosed with prostate cancer, Jovanny Zabaleta.
- (B25) Characterizing the neighborhood environment for studies of cancer risk: The Multiethnic Cohort, Iona Cheng.
- (B26) Individual- and neighborhood-level immigration factors and breast cancer risk among Latinas in the San Francisco Bay Area: The Neighborhoods and Breast Cancer (NABC) Study, Scarlett Lin Gomez.
- (B27) Neighborhood racial concentration and hormone receptor status among California women diagnosed with breast cancer, Erin Linnenbringer.
Obesity, Metabolism, and Cancer
- (B28) Racial/ethnic differences in prostate-specific antigen levels among U.S. men with metabolic syndrome: Results from NHANES 2001-2006, Shailesh M. Advani.
- (B29) Case-control study of metabolic syndrome and breast cancer in Puerto Rico, Carola T. Sánchez.
Physical Activity and Energy Balance
- (B30) Indicators of energy balance and breast cancer risk among white and black women, Maureen Sanderson.
- (B31) Oral contraceptive use in relation to breast cancer subtypes in African American women: Results from the AMBER Consortium, Traci N. Bethea.
- (B32) Heterogeneity of breast cancer clinical characteristics and outcomes in U.S. black women - effect of place of birth, Marlene Camacho-Rivera.
- (B33) Female breast cancer in New England: Incidence, mortality, and prevention trends with attention to potential cancer racial/ethnic differences, Wilfredo Eugenio De Jesus-Monge.
- (B34) Race/ethnicity and disparities in mastectomy use in the Breast Cancer Care in Chicago Study, Keith Anthony Dookeran.
- (B35) Cumulative results from an investigation of transcriptome differences in breast cancer samples from African American and East African triple-negative breast cancer patients, Julie E. Getz.
- (B36) Comorbidities in breast cancer survivors: The role of race and socioeconomic factors, Ocla Kigen.
- (B37) Dual Inhibition of TTK and HSPA9 functions to synergistically decrease viability in triple-negative breast cancer cell lines, Nicole A. Lavender.
- (B38) Molecular profiling of aggressive breast cancer in a unique patient population from Kenya, Laurie E. Littlepage.
- (B39) Clinical characteristics of breast cancers in African American women with benign breast disease: A comparison to the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program, Susanna D. Mitro.
- (B40) Injectable multifunctional biodegradable polymeric microspheres for localized drug delivery in breast cancer treatment, John David Obayemi.
- (B41) Childbearing factors in relation to breast cancer subtypes in African American women: A pooled analysis from the AMBER consortium, Julie R. Palmer.
- (B42) Racial and ethnic differences in knowledge of risk factors for breast cancer: Findings from a recent national survey, Carmen Radecki Breitkopf.
- (B43) Identification of functional risk alleles in colorectal cancer-associated regions in African Americans, Fabio Pibiri.
- (B44) Vitamin D receptor Fok1 gene polymorphisms are associated with colorectal cancer among African American and Hispanic participants, Marianna Sarkissyan.
- (B45) Microsatellite instability among disenfranchised minority colorectal cancer patients, Shivali Berera.
- (B46) FIT FOR LIFE: Increasing prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer for the medically disenfranchised, Daniel Sussman.
- (B47) Disparities in stomach cancer characteristics and survival among Hispanics in California, Afsaneh Barzi.
- (B48) Gastric cancer presentation and survival among California Asians, Afsaneh Barzi.
- (B49) Androgen receptor CAG repeat length association with prostate cancer risk in obese and non-obese African American men, Ganna Chornokur.
- (B50) Kidney cancer incidence and mortality among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1990-2009, Jun Li.
- (B51) Ethnic differences in cervical cancer survival in women living along the Texas-Mexico Border, Thelma Carrillo.
- (B52) Utilizing media to reduce the burden of cervical cancer in Little Haiti: A community-based participatory research (CBPR) approach, Brigitte Frett.
- (B53) A case study on differences on cervical cancer screening knowledge and prevention practices among Latinas at two sites in a community-based participatory randomized control trial in South Florida, Brendaly Rodriguez.
- (B54) Latina farmworkers: Relationships between Pap screening behaviors, acculturation and cultural cancer screening scales, Lisa C. Watson.
- (B55) Cervical cancer incidence and mortality disparities among American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1999-2009, Meg Watson.
Other Organ Sites
- (B56) Prostate cancer knowledge, myths, and misconceptions among Haitian men, Olivia M. Moline.
Clinical Prevention Trials
- (B57) A RCT of a community health worker intervention using HPV self sampling to increase cervical cancer screening among minority populations, Erin Kobetz.
- (B58) Differences in cervical cancer knowledge among minority women in Miami, Olveen Carrasquillo.
Preclinical Prevention Studies
- (B59) The modulatory effects of tnf induced CCL-2 release by diallyl disulfide in MDA-MB231 cells, Selina Faith Darling-Reed.
- (B60) Enhancing the chemopreventive effect by combining arctigenin and green tea polyphenol with curcumin in prostate and breast cancer cell, Piwen Wang.
- (B61) Evaluation of the prevalence of hypovitaminosis D and vitamin D awareness in African Americans living in a metropolitan southern community, Monica Albertie.
- (B62) HPV vaccine initiation among Hispanic adolescent males in Puerto Rico: A mixed-method study, Alexandra Conde-Toro.
- (B63) Culturally informed views on cancer screening: Differences and similarities between older and younger Somali women in Minnesota, Jennifer M. O'Brien.
- (B64) Using the Consolidated Framework for Implementation Research (CFIR) to identify potential facilitators and barriers of an intervention to increase HPV vaccine uptake, Rebecca Selove.
- (B65) Colorectal cancer screening in non-adherent black Americans, Hsiao-Lan Wang.
- (B66) Utilizing communication preferences for smoking cessation with Native Hawaiian Pacific Islanders, Sora Park Tanjasiri.
Screening and Early Detection
- (B67) Role of social support in Pap test decision making among Pacific Islander women, Sora Park Tanjasiri.
- (B68) Men at high risk for prostate cancer and the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test: Uptake levels and physician recommendations, Meshka Anderson.
- (B69) Outreach efforts for cervical and breast cancer prevention and control in Puerto Rico: Cultivando la Salud, Camille Velez.
- (B70) Never screened: Understanding breast cancer nonadherence in Puerto Rico, Aleli M. Ayala-Marin.
- (B71) Community prostate cancer screening and follow-up activities, Ambriah Brown.
- (B72) Timely breast cancer diagnostic resolution: Effects of individual and neighborhood characteristics, Seijeoung Kim.
- (B73) Cervical cancer screening among Asian immigrants in Chicago, Edwin Chandraskar.
- (B74) Examining racial/ethnic disparities in mammography screening performance in a single, large healthcare organization, Firas M. Dabbous.
- (B75) Referral and completion rates for colorectal cancer screening with fecal immunochemical test (FIT) in a medical home for undeserved populations, Sarah Dobra.
- (B76) Optimism and barriers to colonoscopy in low-income Latinos at average risk for colorectal cancer, Katherine N. DuHamel.
- (B77) Shared decision making and mammography screening: A national sample, Christine M. Gunn.
- (B78) Assessing breast cancer risk in Kenya: The feasibility of telemedicine utilization, Katelyn R. Holmes.
- (B79) Colonoscopy screening in a community sample of African Americans, Chanita Hughes-Halbert.
- (B80) Racial differences in prostate cancer screening practices in U.S. ambulatory care settings prior to and following U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations in 2008, Jinani Jayasekera.
- (B81) Access to care barriers and history of mammography screening in Hispanic/Latino women living in the Northeast, United States, Beth A. Jones.
- (B82) Beyond October: A multisite breast care patient navigation program, Jimmie Knight.
- (B83) Factors which affect cervical cancer screening in an underinsured safety net population, Ian Komenaka.
- (B84) Increasing disparities in breast cancer mortality for young black women in the U.S. from 1979-2010, Anne Marie McCarthy.
- (B85) Racial differences in false-positive mammogram rates: Results from the ACRIN Digital Mammographic Imaging Screening Trial (DMIST), Anne Marie McCarthy.
- (B86) “The doctor supported me by telling me exactly what she was doing”: Health care experiences of African American women following an abnormal mammogram, Yamile Molina.
- (B87) Healthcare distrust, medical advocacy, and patient satisfaction: A mediation model for African American navigated patients, Yamile Molina.
- (B88) Comparing screening colonoscopy bowel preparation quality in navigated uninsured and insured patient populations, Keith Naylor.
- (B89) Timeliness in follow-up after abnormal mammography screening among Asian groups, Kim H. Nguyen.
- (B90) Researching the perception of risk about colorectal cancer among African immigrants in the Chicago metropolitan area: A preliminary study, Yaw Amofa Peprah.
- (B91) Advancing toward interventions: Summary of two projects and a proposed intervention to improve mammography participation in Bemidji Area native women, Wesley Petersen.
- (B92) HPV and Pap test results among low income, underserved women: Providing insights into management strategies, Mona Saraiya.
- (B93) Understanding cancer screening service utilization by Somali men in Minnesota, Barrett P. Sewali.
- (B94) Examining the process of patient navigation for screening colonoscopy among African American and Latinos, Jamilia Sly.
- (B95) Barriers to completion of a free colorectal cancer screening program in a low-income population, Whitney Zahnd.