Poster Session C
Sunday, December 8 • 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Administrative and Large-Scale Database Methods
- (C01) Minority Biospecimens/Biobanking- Geographic Management Program (BMaP) Region VI Pilot Project: Regional collaboration addressing biospecimen sharing, Ebere Iweriebor.
- (C02) Ponce School of Medicine-Moffitt Cancer Center (PSM-MCC) Partnership to reduce cancer health disparities in Hispanics, Jaime Matta.
- (C03) Disparitome-Miner: A data visualization web-application for ‘gene-of-interest’ in health disparities, Aasakiran Madamanchi.
- (C04) Comparative analysis of bioinformatic tools for the detection of viral DNA sequences in tumor cells, Barbara Swanson.
- (C05) Analysis of oxidative modified proteins in serous subtype of ovarian carcinoma, Shakeria Cohen.
- (C06) Travel burden to breast biopsy facilities by race and disadvantage in Chicago, Jenna A. Khan.
- (C07) Utilizing State Cancer Profiles for communicating lung cancer disparities, Antoinette Percy-Laurry.
- (C08) Cancer risk by air toxics in the Lowcountry: Examining the role of residential segregation and scociodemographic factors, LaShanta Rice.
- (C09) Planning for the future: Reaching an inner city Mexican American population, Sara S. Strom.
Biomarkers in Cancer Surveillance and Screening
- (C10) Immunoseroproteomic profiling of autoantibodies to tumor associated autoantigens in African American and Caucasian men with prostate cancer, Carlos A. Casiano.
- (C11) Impact of pathologic specimen quality on classifying molecular subtypes of breast cancer: A pilot study from three hospitals in Ghana, Africa, Jonine D. Figueroa.
- (C12) Metabolomic profiling reveals biochemical pathways associated with ethnic disparity in breast cancer, Nagireddy Putluri.
Biomarkers in Intervention Studies
- (C13) Use of air monitoring and urine biomarker assays to measure geographic disparities in exposure to VOCs in Washington, DC, Ashley Corrin Huderson.
Biomarkers of Risk and Surrogate Endpoints
- (C14) Inequality of centrosomal profile between breast tumors derived from African American and Caucasian patients, Jennifer Gaitor.
- (C15) Inflammation-free survival as a surrogate endpoint for overall survival in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma, Wayne B. Harris.
- (C16) Feasibility study: Protein profiling of primary breast cancers from premenopausal women, Catherine Ibarra Drendall.
- (C17) Nuclear HSET, a predictor for metastasis, disease relapse and poor survival, is a racial disparity biomarker in triple-negative breast cancer patients, Angela Ogden.
- (C18) ERG focused evaluations of prostate cancer of African American men and its potential impact on utility in biomarker development and in enhanced personalized medicine, Albert Dobi.
- (C19) Molecular biology of lung cancer in Puerto Ricans, Pedro G. Santiago-Cardona.
- (C20) Comparative proteomics analysis of ethnically stratified prostate cancer cells reveal potential markers of disparities, Tanya C. Burch.
- (C21) Prognostic value of miRNAs in breast cancer: Molecular type and patient race, Balananda-Dhurjati Kumar Putcha.
- (C22) Overexpression of miR-181b and underlying molecular mechanisms in aggressive progression of African American colorectal cancers, Balananda-Dhurjati Kumar Putcha.
- (C23) Improved methods for collection of germline DNA in community settings, Edward Seijo.
Drug Design, Discovery, and Delivery
- (C24) Diindolylmethane analogues: Potential triple negative breast cancer agents, Yonghao Jin.
- (C25) Synthesis of N-substituted [benzoylamino]-5-ethyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridines as potential anti-cancer agents, Elizabeth Henderson.
- (C26) Ethnic, gender, and age disparities and outcome of phase I clinical trials of biologically targeted anticancer agents, Taofeek K. Owonikoko.
- (C27) Modulation of murine prostate cancer cells by resveratrol and nanodiamond, James Stokes III.
- (C28) An exploratory study of co-occurrence of breast cancer and diabetes in medically underserved Latinas, Kimlin T. Ashing.
- (C29) Occurrence of comorbidities among multiethnic breast cancer survivors, Kimlin T. Ashing.
- (C30) Examining racial and ethnic disparities in health behaviors and cancer-related problems among male colorectal cancer survivors, Dexter L. Cooper.
- (C31) Racial/ethnic differences in cancer survivorship: The example of breast-cancer related lymphedema severity, Lorraine T. Dean.
- (C32) Developing culturally appropriate interventions providing psychosocial and reproductive health support to young breast cancer survivors: Evaluation findings, Temeika L. Fairley.
- (C33) Cardiovascular health among black and white breast cancer patients initiating aromatase inhibitor therapy, Lisa Gallicchio.
- (C34) Comparing patient navigation and survivorship care plans: How do they relate to healthcare among Hispanic and non-Hispanic cancer survivors? Jennifer M. Jabson.
- (C35) Racial disparities in barriers to follow-up care among breast cancer survivors, Nynikka Palmer.
- (C36) Psychosocial outcomes in cancer survivors treated at a comprehensive cancer center or a minority-serving institution, Maureen Sanderson.
- (C37) “Oh happy day”: A pilot study of a culturally tailored depression intervention for African American female cancer survivors, Elizabeth A. Williams.
Mechanisms of Drug Action
- (C38) The decrese of the survivin protein expression induces chromosomal missegregation in colon cancer patiants lymphocytes treated with oxaliplatin and vinflunine, Amal A. Alotaibi.
- (C39) Docetaxel-induced growth and cell cycle phenotypes in prostate stromal cells, Dominique Gales.
- (C40) Investigating histone deacetylase 3 expression in ovarian cancer cells, Dembi O. Huya-Kouadio.
Palliative Care and Pain Management
- (C41) Palliative care consults in terminal cancer patients dying in a safety-net hospital: Are they underutilized? Rebecca L. Wiatrek.
Proteomics, Chemogenomics, and Chemoinformatics
- (C42) Quantitative high-throughput efficacy profiling of hedgehog/GLI pathway antagonists in inflammatory breast cancer, Helen Oladapo.
Quality of Life
- (C43) Health-related quality of life among younger black breast cancer survivors, Susan T. Vadaparampil.
- (C44) Gender disparities in documentation of fertility risks among adolescents and young adults with cancer, Ivana Sehovic.
- (C45) Assessing similarities and differences in health-related quality of life among African American women with and without breast cancer, Selina A. Smith.
- (C46) Racial disparities in risk of second breast tumors after ductal carcinoma in situ: A population-based analysis, Ying Liu.
- (C47) Hispanic/Latino lung cancer patients overcoming barriers for accessing cancer care: A qualitative study, William Alago.
- (C48) Racial-specific differences in breast cancer treatment, Brittany N. Barley.
- (C49) Treatment delay among African American women in St. Louis, Missouri, Shahnjayla K. Connors.
- (C50) Identification of secondary targets to enhance anthracycline-based therapy, Hernan Flores-Rozas.
- (C51) In vitro cytotoxicity of 3-arylcoumarin derivatives in human prostate (PC3) cancer cell line, Musiliyu A. Musa.
- (C52) Associations between religion-related factors and breast cancer screening among American Muslims, Aasim I. Padela.
- (C53) Activity and safety of targeted therapy of hepatocellular carcinoma in racially diversified patient population: A retrospective analysis, Gowri Ramadas.
- (C54) Reducing time-to-treatment in underserved Latinas with breast cancer: The Six Cities Study, Amelie G. Ramirez.
- (C55) Racial disparities in receipt of initial prostate cancer treatment, SEER Medicare, 2004-2009, Thomas B. Richards.
Tumor Promotion and Progression
- (C56) The role of BetaB2-crystallin in progression of colorectal and breast cancers in African Americans, Harvey L. Bumpers.
- (C57) Snail transcription factor can regulate cathepsin L activity in prostate carcinomas, Liza Burton.
- (C58) Depletion of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor attenuates in vitro and in vivo tumorigenic properties of the human MDA-MB-231 metastatic breast cancer cell line, Gennifer Goode.
- (C59) Variable distribution of HIF-1 in human normal and carcinoma tissue, immortal cell lines and effects of hyperoxia / hypoxia on HIF-1 deficient cells, Elizabeth Mazzio.
- (C60) Snail transcription factor contributes to bone metastasis in prostate and breast cancer cells, Valerie A. Odero-Marah.
- (C61) Genetic alterations in the TP53 genomic region of African American and Caucasian colorectal cancers, Jesus F. Salazar-Gonzalez.
- (C62) Advanced glycation end-products are increased in prostate cancer and may promote racial disparity, David P. Turner.
Angiogenesis and Invasion
- (C63) Centchroman, an oral contraceptive, suppresses breast cancer metastasis and invasion by inhibiting epithelial-mesenchymal transition, Syed Musthapa Meeran.
- (C64) Iroquois homeobox gene 3 is temporally regulated in response to vascular endothelial growth factor and modulates endothelial cell migration, Kisha Scarlett.
Cancer Genetics/Gene Expression
- (C65) Loss of imprinting of KCNK9 in African American women with triple-negative breast cancer, Shraddha Desai.
- (C66) Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 is differentially methylated in African American, African, and Amish HapMap cell lines, DeJuana Ford.
- (C67) Exome sequencing identifies germline mutations in African American families with hereditary prostate cancer, Wanguo Liu.
- (C68) Global transcriptome sequencing of ethnically diverse formalin-fixed patient samples identifies biomarkers of recurrence in prostate cancer, Carlos S. Moreno.
- (C69) Investigating correlations of DARC under-expression (Duffy Null phenotypes) with increased breast cancer lymph node metastasis, Kauthar Mumin.
- (C70) ABCD3 expression in prostate and breast tumors, R. Renee Reams.
- (C71) Lynch syndrome and common MYH mutations do not contribute to the disparity in CRC incidence in African Americans, Rosa M. Xicola.
Cell Growth Signaling Pathways
- (C72) Estradiol-ER signaling axis in disparity of prostate cancer in African American men, Zakaria Y. Abd Elmageed.
- (C73) Differences in UPR signaling in ER+ breast cancer between African American and Caucasian Women, Ahreej E. Eltayeb.
DNA Methylation/Epigenetics and Chromatin Regulation
- (C74) Epigenetic changes in postpartum breast cancer amongst hispanic women, Jose L. Munoz-Rodriguez.
Oncogenes/Tumor Suppressor Genes
- (C75) Unique SPOP somatic mutations in African American prostate cancer, Eric L. Buckles.
- (C76) MYB in prostate cancer racial disparity: Potential significance as a biomarker of aggressive disease and therapeutic target, Ajay P. Singh.
- (C77) Tristetraprolin suppression is associated with advanced stage colorectal cancer, Esther A. Suswam.
- (C78) Bone marrow stromal cell-secreted inflammatory cytokines promote treatment resistance and survival of prostate cancer cells, Nikki A. Delk.
- (C79) Acyl-coenzyme A binding protein controls lung cancer progression by regulating beta-oxidation, Fredrick T. Harris.
Race, Admixture, and Ethnicity
- (C80) The interaction between menopausal hormone replacement therapy and the 2q35 (rs13387042) breast cancer risk variant explains the effect modification by genetic ancestry among Hispanic women, Laura Fejerman.
- (C81) Differences in breast cancer incidence and survival patterns by tumor subtype and ethnicity in Sarawak, Malaysia, Hisani N. Horne.
- (C82) Stomach cancer incidence trends among 10 racial/ethnic groups in California, 1988-2010, Lihua Liu.
- (C83) Health status and chronic conditions of biracial Asians in California 2001-2009, Anh B. Nguyen.
- (C84) Body size across the lifecourse and risk of breast cancer in African American women, the Carolina Breast Cancer Study, Whitney Robinson.
- (C85) Community-based participatory research leads to sustainable lifestyle intervention program for reducing breast cancer risk among African American and Latina women, Padma Pauline Tadi Uppala.
Tobacco and Cancer
- (C86) Active smoking and breast cancer risk among Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women from the Breast Cancer Health Disparities Study, Avonne E. Connor.
- (C87) Risk of second primary cancer (SPC) after breast cancer: A pooled analysis of Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women from New Mexico, Avonne E. Connor.
- (C88) Awareness of risk factors for head and neck cancer in an at-risk urban population, Shruthi Rereddy.
Other Risk Factors
- (C89) Ages at menarche and first birth and estrogen receptor status among African American and European American women with breast cancer, Christine B. Ambrosone.
- (C90) Colorectal cancer among Hispanics in the U.S.: Nativity disparities in stage at diagnosis and survival, Jane R. Montealegre.
- (C91) Diabetes and racial/ethnic differences in hepatocellular carcinoma risk: The Multiethnic Cohort, Veronica Wendy Setiawan.
- (C92) Systematic review of the literature confirms disparities in the prevalence of HPV-positive oropharynx cancer between African Americans and U.S. whites, Camille Ragin.
- (C93) Head and neck cancer trends in Trinidad and Tobago, Camille Ragin.
- (C94) Knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors surrounding breast cancer among Amish women: A 10-year review, Melissa K. Thomas.
- (C95) Rural-urban differences in cancer outcomes in Victoria, Australia, Shu Fen Wong.