Poster Session B
Tuesday, February 1
11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
In alphabetical order, not board assignment order
- 3-Methylindole is as mutagenic as the prototype cigarette smoke mutagens B(a)P and NNK. Jessica M. Weems, Garold S. Yost. University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Alkyl hydroperoxide reductase is required for survival under oxidative stresses and colonization of Helicobacter cinaedi in BALB/c and BALB/c-IL10 null mice. Nisanart Charoenlap, Zeli Shen, Megan E. McBee, Suresh Muthupalani, Gerold N. Wogan, James G. Fox, David B. Schauer. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
- Calcium inhibition of porcine leukocyte 12-lipoxygenase via the N-terminal domain. Maureen N. Gibbs, Shu Xu, Allan M. Sharp, Max O. Funk. University of Toledo, Toledo, OH.
- Carboplatin microdosing as a strategy for understanding and possibly predicting chemoresistance in bladder and lung cancer patients. Paul T. Henderson1, Laurel Beckett1, David Gandara1, Ralph W. de Vere White1, Kenneth W. Turteltaub2, Chong-Xian Pan1, Sisi Wang1, Tao Li1, Miaoling He1, Hongyong Zhang1, Michael Malfatti2, Peter P. Grimminger3, Kathleen D. Danenberg4. 1University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 2Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, 3University of Southern California/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, 4Response Genetics, Inc., Los Angeles, CA.
- Cell-based and biochemical assay tools for the discovery of JAK inhibitors. Stephen A. Fakhoury, Laurie Reichling, Steve Riddle, Kun Bi, Thomas Machleidt, Tina Hallis. Life Technologies, Madison, WI.
- COX-2-mediated formation of eicosanoids and DNA-reactive bifunctional electrophiles. Xiaojing Liu, Suhong Zhang, Clementina Mesaros, Ian A. Blair. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Cyclooxygenase-2-mediated formation of antiproliferative oxidized lipids. Nathaniel W. Snyder, Xiaojing Liu, Suhong Zhang, Jasbir S. Arora, Sumit J. Shah, Ian A. Blair. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Design of second-generation silicon derivatives of indomethacin as inhibitors of inflammation and tumor growth: Iterative chemical design in pursuit of optimal bioactivity. Uzma I. Zakai1, Stephen Gately2, Robert West1. 1University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 2Silamed, Inc., Scottsdale, AZ.
- Detection of M1dG and 6-oxo-M1dG from urine and feces in rats. Sarah C. Shuck, Phil J. Kingsley, Dapo Akingbade, Larry J. Marnett. Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- Direct link between inflammation-induced developmental phases of immune dysfunction and tumor growth and angiogenesis in experimental models of ocular inflammatory diseases. Mahin Khatami. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD.
- Drug targeting to eliminate breast and brain tumors. Phyllis Langone1, Gina Marie Curcio1, Ravinder Kodela2, Khosrow Kashfi2, Sukanta Dolai1, Krishnaswami Raja1, Probal Banerjee1. 1The College of Staten Island, City University of New York, Staten Island, NY, 2City University of New York Medical School, New York, NY.
- Environmentally induced oxidative stress: TCDD- and benzo[a]pyrene-mediated arachidonic acid metabolism in H358 human lung cells. Stacy Lynn Gelhaus, Ian A. Blair. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
- Formation, replication, and repair of bulky oxidatively induced DNA lesions. Yinsheng Wang, Jin Wang, Bifeng Yuan, Changjun You. University of California, Riverside, CA.
- Hydrogen sulfide-releasing NSAIDs for prevention and treatment of colon and breast cancers. Mitali Chattopadhyay1, Ravinder Kodela1, Probal Banerjee2, Daniel Boring3, James A. Crowell3, Khosrow Kashfi1. 1City University of New York Medical School, New York, NY, 2The College of Staten Island, City University of New York, Staten Island, NY, 3DCP-National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD.
- Intake of meat mutagens and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Carrie R. Daniel1, Amanda J. Cross1, Yikyung Park1, Albert R. Hollenbeck2, Arthur Schatzkin1, Rashmi Sinha1. 1DCEG-National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, 2AARP, Washington, DC.
- Molecular and chemical biological delineation of a novel cytokine-induced breast cancer metastasis. Xia Ding1, Tianpa You2, Zhiyong Wang2, Xuebiao Yao3, Dongmei Wang2, Phil Y. Yao4, Cibuzo Emenari3, Fengsong Wang2, Xue Yu3, XuanNv Zhao2, Felix Aikhionbare3, Zhen Guo2. 1Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China, 2Anhui Key Laboratory for Cellular Dynamics and Chemical Biology, Hefei, China, 3Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 4Georgia Cancer Coalition, Atlanta, GA.
- Nitroxyl releasing NSAIDs: A new class of chemotherapeutic agents. Debashree Basudhar1, Robert Cheng2, Gaurav Bharadwaj1, Lisa A. Ridnour2, Yannan Liang1, David A. Wink2, Katrina M. Miranda1. 1University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 2National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD.
- Novel celecoxib derivatives that inhibit growth in MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line. Leyte L. Winfield. Spelman College, Atlanta, GA.
- Organ- and lesion-dependent biases in the spectrum of inflammation-induced DNA damage in colon and liver from Helicobacter hepaticus-infected Rag2-deficient mice. Aswin Mangerich, Peter C. Dedon, Wenjie Ye, Erin G. Prestwich, Pallavi Lonkar, Koli Taghizedeh, Cui Liang, John S. Wishnok, James G. Fox, Steven R. Tannenbaum. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
- Role of XRCC1 in response to nitric oxide-induced DNA damage. James T. Mutamba1, Ying N. Chan1, Xiao-hong Wang2, Ying-Chih Lin2, Robert W. Sobol2, Bevin P. Engelward1. 1 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Signal integration from PI 3-kinases and phospholipase D regulates proinflammatory NADPH oxidase activity and extracellular reactive oxygen species production. Christian D. Ellson, Albert Hsu, Tanya Mitra, Michael B. Yaffe. Koch Institute at MIT, Cambridge, MA.
- Standardizing cancer biomarkers (CBs) criteria (data elements) as foundation of a database tracking and utilization for oncology community: M-CSF as a model marker (prototype). Mahin Khatami. National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD.
- The biological fate of strand breaks: Metabolism of oxidation products of 2'-deoxyribose in DNA. Watthanachai Jumpathong, Wan Simon Chan, Peter C. Dedon. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA.
- Therapeutic spin coupling to guanine by palladium-lipoic acid. Merrill Garnett, Chirakal V. Krishnan, Bill Jones. Garnett McKeen Lab, Inc., Bohemia, NY.
- Trastuzumab conjugated immunoliposome-loading glycosylated paclitaxel. Masaharu Murakami1, Tomonari Kasai1, Masashi Okada1, Arun Vaidynath1, Katsuhiko Mikuni2, Naoyoshi Egashira3, Masaharu Seno1, Hiroki Hamada4. 1Okayama University, Okayama, Japan, 2Ensuiko Sugar Refining Co., Ltd., Yokohama, Japan, 3Prefectural University of Hiroshima, Shobara, Hiroshima, Japan, 4Okayama University of Science, Okayama, Japan.
- Treatment with 17β-estradiol prevents the development of cancer in chronically H. pylori-infected INS-GAS mice by modulating complement activity and decreasing neutrophilic infiltration. Alexander Sheh1, Nicola M. Parry1, Melissa W. Mobley1, Amanda F. McCabe1, Julia E. Rager2, Arkadiusz R. Raczynski1, Rebecca C. Fry2, Timothy C. Wang3, James G. Fox1. 1Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 2University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 3Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY.
- Tumor-recruited inflammatory neutrophils and their TIMP-free MMP-9 determine coordinately the levels of tumor angiogenesis and malignant cell dissemination. Elena I. Deryugina, Erin M. Bekes, Bernhard Schweighofer, Tatyana A. Kupriyanova, James P. Quigley. The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA.