Saturday, April 18, 2009
100th AACR Annual Meeting
This year, the Undergraduate Student Caucus was attended by a diverse group of talented students coming from both community colleges and traditional four-year colleges and universities. Participants enjoyed a full day of events, including:
- a panel discussion led by scientific investigators ranging from graduate students to postdocs who addressed important issues relevant to scientific research and career development;
- a keynote address from prominent cancer researcher Dr. Donald Coffey, who inspired students to consider and commit to careers in cancer research;
- a competitive poster session which awarded students 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for outstanding posters; and
- access to all Annual Meeting scientific sessions, the poster and exhibit hall, and much more!
(R to L: Anurag Shukla, Stephen Allsop, Ralph Passarella)
The AACR Science Education committee would like to congratulate the winners of the AACR-Gary J. Miller Undergraduate Student Prizes for Cancer and Cancer-Related Biomedical Research!
- First Place: Ralph Passarella of Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Second Place: Stephen Allsop of North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC
- Third Place: Anurag Shukla of the University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
And thank you to our speakers, who included:
Donald S. Coffey, Ph.D.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Beverly D. Lyn-Cook, Ph.D.
Food and Drug Administration-NCTR
Interested in participating next year?
Advance Registration Deadline: April 2, 2010
Click here for 2010 Registration Form
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 26, 2010
(Click here to see Poster Competition Eligibility and Guidelines. Abstract should be submitted electronically to email@example.com)