Saturday, April 17, 2010
12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Each year at the AACR Annual Meeting, the Undergraduate Student Caucus and Poster Competition brings together undergraduate students at all levels to explore educational and career pathways in cancer research, present their own research, and compete for prizes.
- This year, over 170 student participants enjoyed:
A panel discussion led by young scientific investigators ranging from graduate students to postdocs, who addressed issues related to scientific research and career development;
- A keynote address from a prominent cancer researcher, who inspired students to consider a career in cancer research;
- A competitive poster session that awarded first, second, and third place prizes for outstanding student research; and
- Access to all AACR Annual Meeting scientific sessions, posters, exhibits and much more!
The AACR Science Education committee congratulates the 2010 winners of the AACR-Gary J. Miller Undergraduate Student Prizes for Cancer and Cancer-Related Biomedical Research!
- First Place: Linda Xin Zhou of Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Second Place: Daniel Huynh of Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Third Place: Jason Pradarelli of the Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
2010 Student Abstracts are now available online.
Thanks to our excellent invited speakers on the 2010 Session Program:
Dr. Stewart Sell
Wadsworth Ctr.-NY State Dept. of Health, Albany, NY
Special Presentation – "Understanding Cancer"
Dr. Donald S. Coffey
Johns Hopkins Univ. School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
"Navigating the AACR Annual Meeting"
Dr. Kimberly Brown Dahlman
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Ctr., Nashville, TN
Panel Discussion & Q&A
Dr. Antonio T. Baines
North Carolina Central Univ., Durham, NC
Dr. Tom C. Badgett
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
Dr. Brandi C. Brandon Knight
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Ms. Jamaica D. Cass
Queens Univ., Kingston, ON
Dr. Paul M. Weinberger
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
Remarks from 2009 First Place Miller Prize Winner
Vanderbilt Univ., Nashville, TN
Interested in participating next year? The 6th Annual Undergraduate Student Caucus and Poster Competition will take place in Orlando, Florida during the AACR 102nd Annual Meeting 2011, April 2-6, 2011.
Visit the Mentoring Opportunities for AACR Members webpage to learn more about volunteering as a judge for an upcoming Undergraduate Student Caucus and Poster Competition.