The AACR offers Scholar-in-Training Awards to enhance the education and training of early career scientists by providing financial support for their attendance at AACR conferences and meetings. These awards are provided to offset a portion of the registration, travel and subsistence expenses incurred in attending these programs. The number of awards available, award amounts and application requirements vary by conference. Please visit the meetings and workshops calendar for a list of upcoming programs and details on financial support available.
- All graduate and medical students, postdoctoral fellows and physicians-in-training who submit abstracts may be considered for a Scholar-in-Training Award.
- Employees or subcontractors of private industry are not eligible.
- Application procedures may vary by conference. Visit the meetings and workshops calendar for a list of upcoming programs and application details.
- As a benefit of membership, associate members receive priority for these awards. Visit the membership section of the AACR website to apply today.
To be considered for an award, applicants must:
- Submit an abstract for the conference and be listed as the presenter of the abstract.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from their program supervisor or department head that describes the quality of their clinical and/or experimental work.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
The conference co-chairpersons or Program Committee will select the award recipients based on the qualitative rating of the abstract and the letter of recommendation. Award applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Notices will be sent to all applicants approximately three (3) weeks after the application deadline with the status of their application. Award recipients will be required to complete a certification form confirming their eligibility.