Women in Cancer Research Scholar Awards
AACR-WICR Scholar Awards are awarded to scientists-in-training and presenters of meritorious scientific papers at AACR Annual Meetings. An application is required.
AACR Annual Meeting 2020
Applications for the AACR Annual Meeting 2020 are now OPEN.
- Candidates must be full-time scientists-in-training who are graduate students, medical students, residents, clinical fellows or equivalent, or postdoctoral fellows.
- Candidates must be first authors on abstracts submitted for consideration for presentation at the AACR Annual Meeting.
- Candidates may be traveling from within the United States or abroad. There are no citizenship or residency requirements.
How to Apply
- Applications for the AACR Annual Meeting 2020 must be completed through myAACR.
- Log in to the myAACR portal. If you do not have a myAACR account, select, "Create New Account."
- Once you are logged in, click on, "Applications/Awards." After you've been transferred to the awards portal, click on, "View All Activities," and choose this award application.
Required Application Materials:
- Application Form/Online Application. Provide all information requested.
- Personal statement written by the candidate (no longer than two paragraphs in length) describing the benefit he/she expects to derive from attending the conference and the reasons for the candidate's interest in the conference.
- One letter of reference from a faculty member from the applicant's institution or an institution that the applicant has attended. The letters should be addressed to the Women in Cancer Scholar Awards Committee, and should comment on the applicant's academic and personal qualifications for this award. Letters of recommendation should always be on letterhead with visible signatures.
- A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the meeting. Candidates must provide the abstract control number.
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete bibliography (list of publications).
Awardees will receive financial support ($1,500 to $2,000) to help offset the costs incurred while attending the meeting. This might include registration, economy air or rail transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, etc.
- If an awardee is unable to attend the meeting for which the award is given, the award must be forfeited.
- In addition to scientific sessions, awardees must attend all special events organized by WICR.
- Awardees must submit a letter of appreciation to the funders commenting on the scientific sessions that they attended and the AACR Women in Cancer Research Scholar Award Program.
- According to IRS regulations, the award is subject to federal income tax. Award recipients will receive additional related information.
The WICR Scholar Award Committee makes selection for these competitive awards after careful consideration of the candidate's abstract and recommendation letter. If an awardee is unable to attend the meeting for which the award is given, the award must be forfeited.
Recipients of AACR-WICR Scholar Awards will receive notification separate from abstract acceptance and scheduling information. Due to the number of submissions, only the awardees will be notified. Names of the recipients will be posted on the AACR website and in the printed Annual Meeting Final Program.
Note: Selection for a poster session or minisymposium does not guarantee that the presenter will receive an AACR-WICR Scholar Award.
Congratulations! 2019 WICR Scholar awardees.
AACR-WICR Scholar Award Program
American Association for Cancer Research
615 Chestnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106-4404