Press Program 2020
AACR Press Conference Previewing the Virtual Annual Meeting I April 27-28, 2020
AACR President Elaine R. Mardis, PhD, and AACR Annual Meeting Program Chair and President-Elect Antoni Ribas, MD, PhD, shared an overview of the AACR’s first ever Virtual Annual Meeting I: April 27-28, including:
- Preview of the clinical trial plenary sessions and basic and translational minisymposia
- Discussion of select newsworthy studies to be presented at the meeting
- Information about the impact of COVID-19 on cancer research, including a summary of the COVID-19 and Cancer plenary session
The press preview also included a look ahead to the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting II: June 22-24.View the Press Preview
AACR Press Conference Previewing the Virtual Annual Meeting II June 22-24, 2020
The AACR held a press conference webcast featuring presentations of newsworthy research from the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting II: June 22-24 on Friday, June 19, from 1 to 2:15 p.m. ET.
AACR Past President Elaine R. Mardis, PhD, and AACR President and Annual Meeting Program Chair Antoni Ribas, MD, PhD, opened the press conference with a brief overview of the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting II and provided commentary after each presentation of the scientific abstracts.View the Press Conference
This press conference included five abstracts that represented key themes of the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting II, including:
- This first-in-human phase Ib clinical trial tests an individualized immunotherapy in combination with a PD-L1 inhibitor in patients with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors.
- Presented by: Juanita Lopez, MB, BChir, PhD, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Institute of Cancer Research
- This analysis of real-world data assesses survival and sociodemographic factors associated with receipt of adjuvant immunotherapy in patients with resected stage III melanoma.
- Presented by: Justin T. Moyers, MD, Loma Linda University
- This study investigates the prevalence of germline mutations in young adults who have cancer to determine their susceptibility to second primary cancers, which has implications for their clinical care.
- Presented by: Zsofia K. Stadler, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- This large observational study assesses whether statin use is associated with improved outcomes for patients with ovarian cancer.
- Presented by: Kala Visvanathan, MBBS, MHS, Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
- This retrospective study analyzes hematological malignancy incidence and survival rates among patients of different races and ethnicities residing at the U.S./Mexico border.
- Presented by: Alfonso Bencomo-Alvarez, PhD, Texas Tech University Health Science Center El Paso