AACR on Campus – A Virtual Workshop on Implementation Science in Partnership with SLACOM
AACR on Campus – Defeating Cancer Through Global Education and Training
November 23, November 30, and December 2, 2021
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. E.T./14h00 – 17h00 U.S. Eastern Time (ET)
Ophira Ginsburg, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Raúl Murillo, Javeriana Oncology Center, San Ignacio University Hospital, Bogotá, Colombia
Silvia Neciosup, National Cancer Institute of Peru (INEN), Lima, Peru
Gilberto Schwartsmann, Academic Hospital, Federal University, Porto Alegre, Brazil
The AACR and The Latin American and Caribbean Society of Medical Oncology (SLACOM) are collaborating on this three half-day virtual educational offering. Convened in partnership with the Latin American and Caribbean Society of Medical Oncology (SLACOM), the goal of the 2021 AACRoC program is to provide academic and cancer research institutions in Latin America locally relevant perspectives on implementation science – its origins, aims, trends, innovations, and applications to cancer detection, prevention, and care in the region. The program is designed to deliver an enhanced awareness and understanding of the links between implementation research and practice as applied to cancer detection, prevention and care and the processes and factors related to the successful incorporation of evidence-based practices. It also provides opportunity for skills training and acquisition in areas such as manuscript writing, scientific communication, and career development.
Program content will be delivered in the native language of the presenter with Spanish subtitles provided for English presenters.
The virtual event is scheduled in three segments:
- Segment 1: Basic concepts, theory, frameworks, tools, methods, and models of implementation science
- Segment 2: IS and cancer prevention, early detection, and care
- Segment 3: Preparing and publishing high quality IS manuscripts, scientific communication: how to talk about your work, and network / career development.
The online registration procedure requires the following steps from registrants:
- Pre-register for 2021 AACR
- Your pre-registration will be processed within 2-3 business days. Afterward, you will receive an email with a link to the registration form on myAACR.
- When you receive the link, you will be asked to login to your myAACR account. If you are an AACR member and do not remember your username and/or password, please click on “Forgot Password?” below the log in button. You may also click on “Get AACR Help” if you need additional assistance. If you are not an AACR member and do not have an account, choose the “Please create a new account” option. This does not register you to become a member of the AACR, but simply allows you access to the myAACR site for applying to the workshop and/or registering for other AACR Conferences.
For questions about the registration process, please contact [email protected]