AACR Annual Meeting 2021: Registration Open / Announcement of Meeting Dates
Posted December 3, 2020
We are pleased to announce that the dates of the virtual AACR Annual Meeting 2021 have been set, and that registration for the meeting is now open. The Annual Meeting will be presented over two one-week periods in April and May 2021. Details are as follows:
Meeting Dates. The AACR Annual Meeting will be presented on the following schedule:
- Week 1: April 10-15, 2021. The first week will feature the opening ceremony, plenary sessions, major scientific sessions, and award lectures. All proffered abstracts that are accepted for presentation—including clinical trials and late-breaking abstracts—will also be presented in plenary sessions, minisymposia, and ePoster sessions during this week.
- Week 2: May 17-21, 2021. The second week will feature education sessions, methods workshops, meet the expert sessions, and professional advancement sessions.
Specific session dates and times will be assigned by the program committee and will be announced in mid-January 2021. A current list of session titles is available on the Annual Meeting Program page.
Registration. Meeting registration includes access to both weeks of the Annual Meeting as well as on-demand access to all sessions through Monday, June 21. Registration will be open through the beginning of the meeting.
Registration is available through the myAACR portal. You will need to login into your myAACR account or create an account to register for the meeting. You must be current in your dues at the time of registration to receive the AACR member rate. If you need to pay your member dues or update your profile information before registering, log into your myAACR account or contact the myAACR Help Desk for assistance.
If you are a nonmember but would like to apply for AACR membership to be eligible for the member rate, you must submit your application by April 5, 2021, to register before the meeting.
Exhibits. The Annual Meeting will include a robust exhibit show to enable registrants to learn more about the products and services of interest to them. If your company would like to participate in the exhibit show, contact the AACR Exhibits team at [email protected].
The AACR Annual Meeting program spans the spectrum of cancer science—from population science and prevention; to cancer biology, translational, and clinical studies; to survivorship and advocacy—and highlights the work of the best minds in research and medicine from institutions all over the world. We hope you will join us April 10-15 and May 17-21 to take part in the most comprehensive cancer research meeting in the world.
Posted October 28, 2020
The AACR Annual Meeting is the most critically important cancer meeting in the world, as it brings together key stakeholders in all areas of cancer research to make connections, build collaborations, and explore and expand the frontiers of integrative cancer science and medicine. We wish to inform you that, after careful consideration of currently available information related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AACR Board of Directors has decided to convene the AACR Annual Meeting 2021 in a virtual format. This decision was made to prioritize the health and safety of attendees and the patients and communities they serve.
Our Annual Meeting is widely considered by the global cancer community to be the touchstone event that sets the cancer research agenda. We recognize that the presentation of new data, exchange of information, and opportunities for collaboration offered during the meeting are invaluable to the entire cancer research enterprise. Therefore, we are working actively to develop an interactive and comprehensive virtual meeting. Everything that you have come to expect from the Annual Meeting—cutting-edge science, practice-changing clinical trials, an exciting educational program, opportunities for networking and professional development, and the discussion of new research directions—will be included in the virtual format.
We encourage you to visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page on the Annual Meeting website for more information on the program, abstract presentations, continuing medical education, and other aspects of the meeting. This page will be updated as virtual meeting details are confirmed. If you have questions about the meeting that are not answered in the FAQ, please contact us at [email protected] for assistance. In the meantime, answers to some critical questions about the meeting are provided below:
- Meeting Dates. The Program Committee is currently working to reconfigure the scientific program to create an engaging virtual meeting experience. The dates of the virtual meeting will be announced in early December.
- Abstract Submission Deadlines. Proffered papers that are selected for oral presentation will be presented in minisymposia that are accompanied by live Q&A sessions. Proffered papers selected for poster presentation will be given as e-posters supported by enhanced engagement and networking opportunities. The deadlines for abstract submission are November 19, 2020, for regular abstracts and January 11, 2021, for both clinical trials and late-breaking abstracts.
- Registration. Registration rates for the virtual meeting will be announced in early December. Information will also be provided at this time to individuals and exhibitors who were registered for the terminated in-person AACR Annual Meeting 2020 and who chose to defer their registration fees to the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- Virtual Exhibit Show. The virtual meeting will include a robust Exhibit Show featuring a wide array of companies with the latest products and services. Organizations interested in exhibiting may contact us at [email protected]aacr.org.
The AACR Virtual Annual Meeting 2020 was a spectacular event—with more than 73,000 attendees from 127 countries coming together to move the field forward—and we are confident that the 2021 virtual meeting will also attract a very large audience from around the world.
This has indeed been a transformative year for the global cancer research community, resulting in a new wave of scientific innovation in basic, translational, and clinical research, and population science. The Virtual Annual Meeting 2021 program will highlight these novel and significant research findings, which hold enormous promise for patients with cancer. We look forward to your active participation in the meeting. We hope that you and your families are staying safe and well, and we thank you for your dedication to the AACR and its mission.