Opportunities to Support the AACR Foundation
The AACR Foundation welcomes support from corporations, foundations, individuals, and other organizations that share its mission and are interested in helping to defray the costs of presenting this important international meeting on the latest developments in cancer research. For a complete list of support opportunities and their many benefits, please contact Holly Rush at 215-446-7192 or email [email protected].
Fellows of the AACR Academy
The AACR Academy was established in 2013 to honor distinguished scientists whose major scientific contributions have propelled significant innovation and progress against cancer. Those elected, known as Fellows of the AACR Academy, constitute a global brain trust of individuals who are instrumental in advancing the mission of the AACR to prevent and cure all cancers through research, education, communication, collaboration, science policy and advocacy, and funding for cancer research.
The AACR Academy is currently led by Dr. Charles L. Sawyers (2021-2023 AACR Academy President) and a Steering Committee of additional Fellows who serve as the collective voice for all Fellows of the AACR Academy, while providing ongoing advice and counsel to the AACR leadership on timely and significant scientific and policy topics as well as other matters of importance to the cancer field.
The next elected class of prestigious Fellows of the AACR Academy will be formally recognized during the AACR Annual Meeting 2023 Opening Ceremony, scheduled to take place on Sunday, April 16.
AACR Scientific Achievement Awards, Lectureships, and Prizes
Since 1961, the AACR has been proud to recognize scientific excellence across the spectrum of basic, translational, clinical, and epidemiological cancer research through a robust collection of annual awards and lectureships that serve to honor laboratory researchers, physician-scientists, and population scientists who have made significant contributions to our understanding of the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer. All annual award recipients are honored during the AACR Annual Meeting, and the majority are invited to present featured lectures during the meeting.
A complete listing of 2023 awards is provided below. The nomination deadline for the 2023 awards was September 15, 2022.
2023 Awards and Lectureships
Nomination Submission Deadline: Wednesday, December 7
- AACR June L. Biedler Prize for Cancer Journalism
Nominations Closed (Deadline: September 15)
- AACR Award for Lifetime Achievement in Cancer Research
- AACR Award for Outstanding Achievement in Basic Cancer Research
- AACR Award for Outstanding Achievement in Blood Cancer Research
- AACR Award for Outstanding Achievement in Chemistry in Cancer Research
- AACR Daniel D. Von Hoff Award for Outstanding Contributions to Education and Training in Cancer Research
- AACR James S. Ewing-Thelma B. Dunn Award for Outstanding Achievement in Pathology in Cancer Research
- AACR Margaret Foti Award for Leadership and Extraordinary Achievements in Cancer Research
- AACR Team Science Award
- AACR-American Cancer Society Award for Research Excellence in Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention
- AACR-Cancer Research Institute Lloyd J. Old Award in Cancer Immunology
- AACR-G.H.A. Clowes Award for Outstanding Basic Cancer Research
- AACR-Joseph H. Burchenal Award for Outstanding Achievement in Clinical Cancer Research
- AACR-Minorities in Cancer Research Jane Cooke Wright Lectureship
- AACR-Princess Takamatsu Memorial Lectureship
- AACR-St. Baldrick’s Foundation Award for Outstanding Achievement in Pediatric Cancer Research
- AACR-Waun Ki Hong Award for Outstanding Achievement in Translational and Clinical Cancer Research
- AACR-Women in Cancer Research Charlotte Friend Lectureship
- Pezcoller Foundation-AACR International Award for Extraordinary Achievement in Cancer Research
Satellite Educational Symposia
Satellite Educational Symposia will be held in conjunction with the AACR Annual Meeting. These CME-accredited events are supported by parties other than AACR and are not part of the official program of the AACR Annual Meeting. Symposia are evaluated by the Satellite Educational Symposia Committee to ensure that the educational content will enhance that provided by the official AACR scientific program.