Support for Attendance
AACR Global Education Scholarships (GES)
The AACR is pleased to offer Global Education Scholarships (GES) to students, fellows, researchers, and clinicians who are citizens or permanent residents of countries that are building cancer research capacities. AACR Global Education Scholarship applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of an eligible country (see Global Education Scholarship eligible country list) and must currently reside in one of those countries.
A limited number of these scholarships will be available for select AACR virtual meetings and virtual Special Conferences and will provide complimentary registration to enhance the education, training, and professional networking for those engaged in basic, clinical, translational, or epidemiological cancer research.
Applicants will be asked to submit an application in myAACR which includes a CV and personal statement (500-word maximum) describing their background, field of study, current research, work setting and long-term career aspirations; how they would benefit from participating in the virtual meeting; how the meeting topic aligns/synergizes with their field of study and in what ways they would share the knowledge gained with their home country.
To be considered for a scholarship, all sections of the application must be completed and submitted by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of an eligible country (see Global Education Scholarship eligible country list) and must currently reside in one of those countries.
- Applicants cannot be employees or subcontractors of for-profit industry.
- Applicants are not required to be members of the AACR to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants may apply for other AACR scholarships and awards but may not receive more than one scholarship or award from the AACR to attend the same meeting or Special Conference.
- Global Education Scholarships are limited to one (1) per person per 12-month period and exclude the Annual Meeting.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Recipients of these scholarships will be selected based on the quality of their CV and personal statement. All applicants will be notified of their status within three to four weeks of the application deadline.
If a recipient is unable to attend the meeting or Special Conference, the scholarship will be forfeited and is non-transferrable.