Who Should Apply?
The Workshop Faculty are looking for applications primarily from predoctoral students (who will be in their fourth year or later at the time of this workshop) and postdoctoral fellows, early-career scientists (those who are not postdoctoral fellows and who received their PhD on or after March 2015), and a limited number of senior scientists beyond the postdoctoral level (from academia or industry).
Applications are strongly encouraged from females and racial/ethnic minority groups (as identified by the NCI) that are traditionally underrepresented in cancer and epidemiology research.
Note that selection of workshop applicants will be conducted on a competitive basis, as not all applicants can be accepted each year due to limited space. Unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to reapply the following year.
The online application procedure requires the following five items from applicants:
- A completed online application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Description of current research
- A statement explaining why you wish to participate in this workshop
- A letter of recommendation from your mentor, program supervisor, or department head in support of your application for this workshop.
Detailed instructions for each of the items listed above can be found in the online application form. Applications will not be accepted unless they contain all the elements described above.
- To complete the application, you must login to your MyAACR account, accessible from the top bar of the main AACR website. If you are an AACR member and do not remember your username and/or password, please follow the instructions on the upper left side of the login page. If you are not an AACR member and do not have an account, choose the “Please create a new account” option. This does not register you to become a member of the AACR, but simply allows you access to the MyAACR site for applying to the Workshop and/or registering for other AACR Conferences.
- Once you have accessed your account, choose the “Applications/Awards” option at the top of the page. You will be directed to the NEW AACR Online Submission System. Click on “view all activities” to find the 2020 Integrative Molecular Epidemiology Workshop, where you can create your submission. Click on “create submission” to begin.
- Be sure to answer all of the questions on the application form. After you have begun this process, you may save your application and continue to work on it. Once you have completed the final version, be sure to electronically sign and submit your application as indicated in the online application form. Only complete online applications will be considered; paper submissions will not be accepted.
All parts of the application form, including the letter from your sponsor (mentor, supervisor, or department head), must be submitted before the application closes.
For questions about the application process, contact Shakira Nelson, PhD, Senior Scientific Program Administrator, at (215) 446-7191 or email@example.com.