The online application procedure requires the following four items from applicants:
- A completed online application form
- Curriculum vitae (electronic version)
- A statement explaining your reasons for participating in this workshop
- A statement from your mentor, program supervisor, or department head in support of your application for this workshop.
Detailed instructions for each of these items can be found on the online application form. Applications must be submitted using the online application form and will not be accepted unless they contain all elements described above.
- To complete the application, you must login to your MyAACR account, accessible from the top right corner of the main AACR website.
- If you are an AACR member and have trouble logging in or do not remember your username and/or password, please click on “Forgot Password?” under the login button and follow the instructions.
- If you are not an AACR member and do not have an account, choose the “Please create a new account” option. This does not register you to become a member of the AACR, but simply allows you access to the MyAACR site for applying to the workshop and/or registering for other AACR Conferences.
- Once you have accessed your account, choose the “Applications/Awards” option at the top of the page. Select “Apply” next to the 2020 Translational Cancer Research for Basic Scientists Workshop.
- Be sure to answer all of the questions on the application form. After you have begun this process, you may save your application and continue to work on it. Once you have completed the final version, be sure to submit your application as indicated in the online application form. Note that the system will not allow you to submit your application if it has not received a recommendation from your mentor. Only complete online applications will be considered; paper submissions will not be accepted.
- All parts of the application form, including the letter from your sponsor (mentor, supervisor, or department head) must be submitted no later than Thursday, May 7, 2020.
Selection of Participants
The Program Committee will review and accept applications from predoctoral students (who will be in their fourth year or later at the time of this workshop), postdoctoral fellows, early-career scientists (those who are not postdoctoral fellows and who received their PhD on or after April 2015), and a limited number of senior scientists beyond the postdoctoral level (from academia or industry) who are in transition to translational research. Applicants are invited from academia and industry. The committee will select a group of 50 individuals and base its decisions on materials submitted by the applicant and by the applicant’s sponsor (mentor, program supervisor, or department head). Applications will be evaluated both for the information they supply about the candidate and the assurances they provide for institutional support for transitioning into a career in translational research. Note that selection of workshop applicants will be conducted on a competitive basis and not all applicants can be accepted due to limited space. Unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to reapply the following year. Applicants will be notified of their status in mid-/late-July.
For further information, please contact Lyngine Calizo, PhD, assistant director, at (215) 446-7265 or email@example.com.