AACR Patient Advocate Travel Scholarship: 15th AACR Conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities
The AACR offered Patient Advocate Travel Scholarships to encourage the education and engagement of patient advocates in cancer research by providing financial support for their attendance at the AACR Conference on the Science of Cancer Health Disparities (Sept 16-19, 2022). These awards are provided to offset a portion of the registration, travel, and subsistence expenses incurred in attending the conference.
- Candidates must work or volunteer at a not-for-profit patient advocacy organization that demonstrates a charitable mission; engages in patient advocacy activities; and, supports programs, activities, or services that benefit patients with cancer.
- All patient advocates who submit abstracts may be considered for a Patient Advocate Travel Scholarship. Awards are contingent on the abstract’s approval.
- Applicants do not need to be an AACR member to be considered for an award.
- Employees or subcontractors of private industry are not eligible.
- Previous or current AACR Active or Associate members are not eligible.
Please note: Patient advocates are limited to one patient advocate travel scholarship per year. Organizations are limited to two patient advocate travel scholarships per year.
The application for the Patient Advocate Travel Scholarship is closed.
Patient Advocate Abstract Submission Deadline: July 28, 2022
Patient Advocate Abstract Status Notification: August 17, 2022
Patient Advocate Travel Scholarship Deadline: August 18, 2022
Patient Advocate Travel Status Notification: August 19, 2022
Withdrawal Deadline: August 22, 2022
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Members of the conference Program Committee will select the award recipients based on the qualitative rating of the abstract. Final award amounts will be dependent on the travel requirements of each awardee (local, regional, national, or international). Award applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Notices will be sent to all applicants no later than three (3) weeks after the application deadline. Award recipients will be required to complete a certification form confirming their eligibility.
AACR Scientist↔Survivor Program®
Email: [email protected]
Last Updated 10/7/2022