Scientist↔Survivor Program®: Annual Meeting
Decoding Cancer Complexity / Integrated Science / Transforming Patient Outcomes
The AACR Annual Meeting is the focal point of the cancer research community, where scientists, clinicians, other health care professionals, survivors, patients, and advocates gather to share the latest advances in cancer science and medicine. From population science and prevention; to cancer biology, translational, and clinical studies; to survivorship and advocacy; the AACR Annual Meeting highlights the work of the best minds in cancer research from institutions all over the world
About the Scientist↔Survivor Program® at the Annual Meeting
April 15 – 19, 2023
Orange County Convention Center
Survivor and patient advocates who participate in the Scientist↔Survivor Program® at the Annual Meeting 2023 will:
- Attend special lectures about cancer research that are tailored to a lay audience;
- Discuss relevant and timely cancer topics during small group meetings, roundtable discussions and meetings with scientific mentors;
- Explore the scientific sessions of the Annual Meeting on their own or with scientific mentors or other advocates;
- Communicate to scientists the key issues, questions and concerns of the patient advocacy communities;
- Create and promote their (organizations’) mission by participating in the poster sessions; and
- Network with scientists and fellow advocates from local, national, and international cancer organizations.
Scientist↔Survivor Program® at the Annual Meeting participants are accepted through a competitive application process. Survivor and patient advocates are encouraged to apply if they:
- Actively support cancer research through policy advocacy, research advocacy, and/or community outreach;
- Have a constituency with which they will share the knowledge they gain through the program;
- Have access to avenues for disseminating the knowledge gained from the program to colleagues and/or constituents;
- Are able to present an advocate poster during a poster session;
- Are able to participate in all components of the five-day program.
(Participants who do not adhere to the above requirements will not receive a certificate of completion and will be asked to reimburse the cost of registration.)
Please complete the appropriate Scientist↔Survivor Program® 2023 application in its entirety including the advocate poster section and letter of support. Applicants will be notified of their status by the end of February. The application deadline is Wednesday, January 11, 2023.
Applicants can now edit and/or change their answers after they have completed the application as long as the same device is used. However, it is highly recommended that you review the application questions in the pdf. document prior to completing the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Advocates will not be permitted to change and/or edit after the deadline of January 11, 2023.
If you have never participated in the Scientist↔Survivor Program®, complete the New Applicant application.
If you have participated in a past Scientist↔Survivor Program®, complete the Past Participant application.
If you have participated in a past Scientist↔Survivor Program® at the Annual Meeting twice, you are eligible to apply as an advocate mentor. Please complete the Advocate Mentor application
Current cancer clinicians and researchers (including post-docs) cannot apply to participate in the program as an advocate.
The AACR is thankful to the Scientist↔Survivor Program Supporters
If you, or your organization, would like to support the AACR Annual Meeting Scientist↔Survivor Program®, please email [email protected].
If interested in attending the AACR Annual Meeting outside of the Scientist↔Survivor Program®:
- Patient advocate discounted registration rates.
- Patient advocacy opportunities at the Annual Meeting 2023.
- Scientist↔Survivor Program Mentors
- Scientist↔Survivor Program® Class of 2022 Posters
Patient Advocacy Program
American Association for Cancer Research
615 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Email: [email protected]