Internationally Renowned Scientists to Discuss Latest Progress for Patients at Cancer Immunotherapy Conference in New York
NEW YORK — The sixth International Cancer Immunotherapy Conference (CICON), to be presented by the Cancer Research Institute (CRI), the European Network for Cancer Immunotherapy (ENCI), and the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), will be held September 28-October 1 at the New York Hilton Midtown in New York City.
The program will feature cutting-edge research studies from around the world that endeavor to answer urgent questions in the field of cancer immunotherapy to advance progress more rapidly for patients. Presentations from more than 60 leaders in the field will cover all areas of inquiry in cancer immunology and immunotherapy, including T-cell failure in immunotherapy; understanding the tumor microenvironment and its impact on antitumor response; cellular therapies; tumor vaccination; and much more.
This year’s conference co-chairs are:
- Özlem Türeci, MD, PhD, BioNTech SE, Mainz, Germany
- E. John Wherry, PhD, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Jedd D. Wolchok, MD, PhD, Weill Cornell Medicine, New York
The co-chairs have identified the following abstracts as meeting highlights:
PR02: Circulating Tex cells track non-small cell lung cancer evolution and predict response to immunotherapy
- Presented by James Reading, PhD, University College London Cancer Institute, London
- To be presented in Session 1: T Cell Failure in Cancer Immunotherapy on Wednesday, September 28, 9 a.m. ET
PR05/A052: Mechanisms regulating Tertiary Lymphoid Structures in the CNS
- Presented by Ilkka Pietilä, PhD, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- To be presented in Session 3: Yin and Yang of Tumor Microenvironment (part 2): Enhancing Antitumor Response on Thursday, September 29, 8:30 a.m. ET
PR10: Objective clinical response by KRAS mutation-specific TCR-T cell therapy in previously treated advanced Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Presented by Marcelo V. Negrao, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
- To be presented in Session 6: Cellular Therapies: Engineering T cells on Friday, September 30, 8:30 a.m. ET
Highlighted abstracts are available here. To schedule interviews with the co-chairs or presenters listed above, please contact Julia Gunther at [email protected].
All conference abstracts are available here.
Registration is still open and complimentary for credentialed members of the media. This conference is an in-person event and will not be live streamed or recorded for virtual participation. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Please review the full media registration requirements and policies and request registration by filling out this form. Contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected] with registration questions.