Creating your own event is an easy and fun way to support cancer research and the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR). You can use your talents to engage your network, and the public, to inspire them to get involved.
Through our Peer-to-Peer fundraising platform, the AACR will assist you as you plan and create your event. The platform allows you to raise funds through your existing social networks, making the process highly efficient and effective. Through the platform, you can engage and thank donors, and track your progress as you work toward your fundraising goal.
Examples of past DIY fundraisers include:
- 5K in honor of an uncle with cancer
- Racquetball tournament
- Lemonade stand
- Backyard Ultramarathon
- Livestream gaming fundraiser
Check out some DIY fundraising campaigns here to get inspired.
To get started:
- Download the Create Your Own Event Toolkit to begin brainstorming and planning your event
- Complete the Event Proposal document
- Refer to the Guidelines to answer any questions about logo usage, event approval, and sponsorships