Run Philly to Save Lives
2023 Philadelphia Marathon Weekend
Whether you’re planning to run the AACR Philadelphia Marathon, Dietz & Watson Philadelphia Half Marathon, the Rothman 8K, or any of the race challenges, make your miles mean more by joining the AACR Runners for Research team to support lifesaving cancer research.
This year, the AACR Runners for Research has the goal to raise $600,000 during Philadelphia Marathon Weekend. These funds will directly support the AACR’s mission to prevent and cure cancer through: Research, Education, Communication, Collaboration, Science Policy and Advocacy, and Funding for Cancer Research.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is the first and largest cancer research organization dedicated to accelerating the conquest of cancer. Since our funding by 11 prominent scientists in 1907 to our more than 50,000 members today, the AACR has been at the forefront of every major discovery advancing cancer prevention, detection, treatment, and cures.
Join the AACR Runner for Research for Any Race
Whether participating in an in-person event or a virtual race, you can help propel progress against cancer as an AACR Runner for Research. When you join the team you will be running to save lives. So, get ready to lace up those shoes and run with us.
Taking part in raising money and awareness for cancer research has never been easier:
- Step 1: Visit our Events page to see our upcoming fundraising activities.
- Step 2: Click on an event for details, sign-up information, and start your own fundraising page. If there isn’t an event near you, create a Do-It-Yourself Fundraiser, and raise funds for any race, anywhere, anytime.
- Step 3: Invite a friend to run and raise money with you – running is better with a buddy!
- Step 4: Join the AACR Runners for Research Facebook Group and the AACR Runners for Research Strava Group to meet our community dedicated to the cause to prevent and cure cancer through awareness and funding.
- Step 5: Contact the AACR Runners for Research team at [email protected] if you’d like more information or to join the team!
The advantages of joining our supportive and like-minded team of runners go beyond the feel-good benefits of supporting a charity and moving your body. AACR Runners for Research team members can earn fundraising prizes and receive team gear. You can also build your network and experience a greater sense of camaraderie among your teammates when you are running for cures.
Show your support!
Racing with us or wearing your AACR Runners for Research gear while training? Tag us at the handles below and by using #Runners4Research:
Download one (or more) of our AACR Runners for Research Bibs below!
Other ways to get involved
- Use your talents or interests to support the AACR through a DIY FUNDRAISER!
- Please visit our EVENTS page to see how you can get involved!