Patient Advocate Registration Rates
AACR Patient Advocate Affiliate members in good standing may register to attend AACR special conferences and Annual Meeting at a discounted rate. Nonmember patient advocates may also register at a reduced cost. This reduced registration category is reserved exclusively for patient advocates and is not intended for medical professionals.
Advocate Affiliate Member Registration
Patient advocates who are active AACR Affiliate members may register through the MyAACR portal to obtain discounted registrations for AACR Annual Meeting and special conferences. Please email [email protected] with any questions.
Nonmember advocate Registration
Nonmember patient advocates need to complete the advocate verification form to receive the discounted registration rate. Please submit completed forms via email to [email protected] at least two weeks before the start of the event.
Individuals interested in registering as a patient advocate either work, or volunteer, for a not-for-profit patient advocacy organization that:
- Demonstrates a charitable mission;
- Engages in patient advocacy activities; and/or,
- Supports programs, activities, or services that benefit patients with cancer.
Previous AACR Active, Associate or Affiliate members are not eligible for this discounted rate.
Patient Advocate Scholarship
Through the generosity of supporters, the AACR is pleased to provide patient advocate scholarships for complimentary registration to the AACR Annual Meeting and special conferences. Applications must be submitted three weeks before the start of the conference. Patient advocates are limited to one scholarship per year and two scholarships per organization.
Individuals interested in applying for a scholarship either work or volunteer for national or international not-for-profit patient advocacy organizations that:
- Demonstrate a charitable mission;
- Engage in patient advocacy activities; and,
- Support programs, activities, or services that benefit patients with cancer.
Previous AACR Active, Associate or Affiliate members are not eligible for a patient advocate scholarship.
- Applicants must complete the patient advocate scholarship form that will include a personal statement describing the benefit from attending the event and the reasons for their interest in the conference.
- Awardees must submit a written report commenting on the scientific sessions that they attended. The report should be no more than two pages and include a brief impact statement on the influence of the meeting on patient advocacy efforts. Reports are due two weeks after the conference.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of their patient advocacy efforts and an estimation of the potential professional benefit to the recipient.
See the AACR meetings and workshop calendar for deadlines, dates, and information on upcoming special conferences.