Patient Advocate Registration Rates
AACR Patient Affiliate Advocate members in good standing may register to attend AACR special conferences and Annual Meeting at a discounted rate. Nonmember patient advocates may also register at a reduced cost. This reduced registration category is reserved exclusively for patient advocates and is not intended for medical professionals.
Affiliate advocate Member Registration
Patient advocates who are active AACR Affiliate members may register through the MyAACR portal to obtain discounted registrations for AACR Annual Meeting and special conferences. Please email [email protected] with any questions.
Nonmember advocate Registration
Nonmember patient advocates need to complete the advocate verification form to receive the discounted registration rate. Please submit completed forms via email to [email protected] at least two weeks before the start of the event.
Individuals interested in registering as a patient advocate either work, or volunteer, for a not-for-profit patient advocacy organization that:
- Demonstrates a charitable mission;
- Engages in patient advocacy activities; and/or,
- Supports programs, activities, or services that benefit patients with cancer.
Previous AACR Active, Affiliate, or Associate members are not eligible for this discounted rate.
Patient Advocate registration Scholarship
Through the generosity of supporters, the AACR is pleased to provide patient advocate registration scholarships for complimentary registration to the AACR Annual Meeting and special conferences. Applications must be submitted three weeks before the start of the conference. Patient advocates are limited to one scholarship per year. Organizations are limited to two scholarships per year.
Individuals interested in applying for a scholarship either work or volunteer for national or international not-for-profit patient advocacy organizations that:
- Demonstrate a charitable mission;
- Engage in patient advocacy activities; and,
- Support programs, activities, or services that benefit patients with cancer.
Previous AACR Active, Affiliate, or Associate members are not eligible for a patient advocate scholarship.
- Applicants must complete the patient advocate registration scholarship form . It requests a personal statement describing why advocates are interested in attending the event and how it will benefit their advocacy work.
- Awardees must submit an impact statement on the influence of the meeting on your patient advocacy efforts and the scientific sessions you attended. Impact statement is due two weeks after the conference.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of their patient advocacy efforts and an estimation of the potential professional benefit to the recipient.
See the AACR meetings and workshop calendar for deadlines, dates, and information on upcoming special conferences.