Scholar-in-Training Awards: Annual Meeting
Since its inception in 1986, the AACR Annual Meeting Scholar-in-Training Award program has provided over 5,000 grants to young investigators and has received support from 67 cancer research foundations, corporations, individuals, and other organizations dedicated to the fight against cancer.
Scholar-in-Training Awards are highly competitive and recognize outstanding young investigators presenting meritorious proffered papers at the AACR Annual Meeting. Scholar-in-Training Award funds are to support attendance at the Annual Meeting.
The deadline to submit all applications for Scholar-in-Training Awards for the 2023 AACR Annual Meeting was November 17, 2022. Thank you for your interest.
SELECTION OF AWARD RECIPIENTS
Successful applicants will be selected based on the merit of their abstract, CV, and personal statement; every effort will be made to notify awardees by early Feb. 2023.View the 2022 Scholar-in-Training Award recipients
Conditions and logistics
- The Scholar-in-Training Awards are to be used to offset a portion of the registration, travel and subsistence expenses incurred to attend the AACR Annual Meeting.
- Awardees will participate in a welcome reception at the start of the Annual Meeting.
- Award recipients will make their own travel arrangements.
- Awardees are required to present in-person. No remote presentation will be allowed.
- If an awardee is unable to attend the Annual Meeting, the award must be forfeited. An awardee who cancels their participation in the Annual Meeting is financially responsible for any costs incurred.
The AACR gratefully acknowledges the supporters who enabled us to provide 149 Scholar-in-Training Awards for the AACR Annual Meeting 2022.
- American Brain Tumor Association
- The Estate of Dr. June L. Biedler
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation in Memory of Rebecca Scheinkman
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- James V. Buzzitta, MD Family Fund
- The Margaret Foti Foundation
- Heyman Family Fund
- John and Elizabeth Leonard Family Foundation
- The Pezcoller Foundation
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Doreen J. Putrah Cancer Research Foundation
- Sygnature Discovery in Association with the CICR Working Group
- John and Joe Warner Fund
- WuXi AppTec in Association with the CICR Working Group
If you have any questions related to Scholar-in-Training Awards for the Annual Meeting, please email us at [email protected].