Women in Cancer Research Scholar Awards
AACR-WICR Scholar Awards are awarded to members of Women in Cancer Research who are scientists-in-training and presenters of meritorious scientific papers at AACR Annual Meetings
The purposes of this award program are to increase the scientific knowledge base of Women in Cancer Research members and to encourage to pursue careers in cancer research.
AACR Annual Meeting 2022 (April 8-13, 2022, New orleans, LA)
Award application submission deadline: November 18, 2021.
Online awards application is now open.
- Candidates must be members of Women in Cancer Research (WICR).
- Candidates must be full-time scientists-in-training who are graduate students, medical students, residents, clinical fellows or equivalent, or postdoctoral fellows.
- Candidates must be first authors on abstracts submitted for consideration for presentation at the AACR Annual Meeting.
- Candidates may be traveling from within the United States or abroad. There are no citizenship or residency requirements.
How to Apply
Complete the application by logging into myAACR and include the required application materials. Complete applications must be submitted on or before the application deadline, November 18, 2021. Please note that changes have recently been made to myAACR. Please contact us email@example.com with any log-in issues.
Required Application Materials:
- Online award applications will open in early October. Complete Online Application; provide all information requested.
- Personal statement written by the candidate (no longer than two paragraphs in length) describing the benefit he/she expects to derive from attending the conference and the reasons for the candidate’s interest in the conference.
- One letter of reference from a faculty member from the applicant’s institution or an institution that the applicant has attended. The letters should be addressed to the Women in Cancer Research Scholar Awards Committee, and should comment on the applicant’s academic and personal qualifications for this award. Letters of recommendation should always be on letterhead with visible signatures.
- A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the meeting. Candidates must provide the abstract control number.
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete bibliography (list of publications).
- If an awardee is unable to attend the meeting for which the award is given, the award must be forfeited.
- In addition to scientific sessions, awardees must attend all special events organized by WICR.
- Awardees must submit a letter of appreciation to the funders commenting on the scientific sessions that they attended and the AACR Women in Cancer Research Scholar Award Program.
- According to IRS regulations, the award is subject to federal income tax. Award recipients will receive additional related information.
The WICR Scholar Award Committee makes selection for these competitive awards after careful consideration of the candidate’s abstract and recommendation letter. If an awardee is unable to attend the meeting for which the award is given, the award must be forfeited.
Recipients of AACR-WICR Scholar Awards will receive notification separate from abstract acceptance and scheduling information. Due to the number of submissions, only the awardees will be notified. Names of the recipients will be posted on the AACR website and in the printed Annual Meeting Final Program.
Note: Selection for a poster session or minisymposium does not guarantee that the presenter will receive an AACR-WICR Scholar Award.
Congratulations 2021 WICR Scholar awardees.
AACR-WICR Scholar Award Program
American Association for Cancer Research
615 Chestnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106-4404
Email: [email protected]