Research Training and Fellowships
The AACR is committed to the development of the next generation of cancer researchers. Together with our funding partners, we provide research training and fellowship support to postdoctoral and clinical research fellows as they embark on projects under the auspices of a mentor — laying the groundwork for successful and impactful careers in cancer research.
Active Research Training and Fellowship GRANTs
- AACR-AstraZeneca Cancer Research Fellowships
Research focus: breast cancer, immuno-oncology, lung cancer, lymphoma, or ovarian cancer.
- AACR-AstraZeneca Stimulating Therapeutic Advances through Research Training (START) Grants
Duration: three years, including one year on site at an AstraZeneca facility.
- AACR-Bayer Stimulating Therapeutic Advances through Research Training (START) Grants
Duration: three years, including one year on site at a Bayer facility.
- AACR-Bristol-Myers Squibb Fellowships
Research focus: immuno-oncology.
- AACR-Cancer Research UK Transatlantic Research Fellowships
Duration: four years, enabling fellows to pursue their research in the UK and in the US.
- AACR-Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO Young Investigator Award for Translational Cancer Research
Additional detail: support over one year for research-related expenses of physician-scientists during their transition from a fellowship program to a faculty appointment.
- AACR-Ocular Melanoma Foundation Fellowship
Duration: one year.
- AACR-Pfizer Cancer Research Fellowships
Research focus: breast cancer or immuno-oncology.
- AACR-QuadW Foundation Fellowship for Clinical/Translational Sarcoma Research
Duration: one year.
- AACR-Takeda Oncology Fellowships
Research focus: lung cancer or multiple myeloma
- AACR-Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation Research Fellowship
Duration: three years
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network-AACR Pathway to Leadership Grants
Duration: five years of support, consisting of two phases: a) mentored phase – two years; b) independent phase – three years