Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Award
The deadline to apply is November 16, 2023.
AACR Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Awards are available to patient advocates presenting meritorious abstracts at the AACR Annual Meeting 2024. To apply for this award, an applicant must first submit an abstract, and then complete a separate award application.
AACR offers Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Awards to encourage the education and engagement of patient advocates in cancer research by providing financial support for their attendance at the AACR Annual Meeting 2024 (April 5-10, 2024). These awards are provided to offset the cost of registration and travel incurred in attending the conference.Abstract Submission- Will open on Friday, September 29, 2023 Apply for Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Award
- Candidates must work or volunteer at a not-for-profit patient advocacy organization that demonstrates a charitable mission; engages in patient advocacy activities; and, supports programs, activities, or services that benefit patients with cancer.
- Patient advocates who submit meritorious abstracts may be considered for a Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Award. Awards are contingent on the abstract’s approval for the AACR Annual Meeting 2024.
- Applicants do not need to be an AACR member to be considered for an award.
- Employees or subcontractors of private industry are not eligible.
- Previous or current AACR Active or Associate members are not eligible.
Note: Patient advocates are limited to one Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Award per year. Organizations are limited to two awards per year.
To be considered for an award, applicants must:
- Submit a meritorious abstract for the AACR Annual Meeting 2024 and be listed as the presenter or co-presenter of the abstract.
- Applicants must complete the online Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Award form and include a copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the conference.
- Submit a completed application on or before November 16, 2023.
Patient Advocate Abstract Submission Deadline: November 16, 2023
Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Award Deadline: November 16, 2023
Withdrawal Deadline: February 9, 2024
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
Award recipients will be selected based on the qualitative rating of the abstract. Final award amounts will be dependent on the travel requirements of each awardee (local, regional, national, or international) and will not exceed $1,500. Award applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Award recipients will be required to complete a certification form confirming their eligibility.
- Submit AACR Patient Advocate Abstract – Will Open On Friday, September 29, 2023
- AACR Patient Advocate in Cancer Research Award Application
- AACR Annual Meeting 2024
- AACR Annual Meeting 2024 Patient Advocacy Programs – In Development
AACR Scientist↔Survivor Program®
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: 9/6/2023