Save the Date: Virtual AACR Annual Meeting 2021 Press Conference Scheduled for April 9
Meeting and press conference registration now open
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) will host its 112th Annual Meeting virtually in two parts:
- Part I: April 10-15, 2021, will feature the Opening Ceremony, plenary sessions, major scientific sessions, and award lectures. All proffered abstracts that are accepted for presentation—including clinical trials and late-breaking abstracts—will be presented this week.
- Part II: May 17-21, 2021, will feature education sessions, methods workshops, meet the expert sessions, and professional advancement sessions.
You can view the AACR Annual Meeting 2021 program online.
Virtual Press Conference
The AACR will host a press conference webcast featuring embargoed presentations of newsworthy research from the virtual AACR Annual Meeting 2021 on Friday, April 9, from noon to 1:15 p.m. ET. Please note that this is a media-only event.
This press conference will include opening remarks from AACR President Antoni Ribas, MD, PhD, FAACR, and AACR Annual Meeting Program Chair Charles Swanton, MBPhD, FRCP, FMedSci, FRS, FAACR. After each presentation of a scientific abstract, Ribas and Swanton will provide brief commentary. The program will conclude with a question and answer session with the media.
To register, please check the box for the virtual press conference on the registration form when registering for the meeting. Please note that you must register for both the meeting and the press conference. If you have already registered for the meeting via the form and would like to register for the virtual press conference, please contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected].
Registration for the virtual Annual Meeting is complimentary for credentialed news media. Reporters planning to cover the meeting will need to register to receive the embargoed press program and other communications sent out by the AACR Department of Communications and Public Relations before and during the meeting.
To register as press, journalists must provide:
- Official press credentials such as a business card, editorial roster or masthead, international press card, or letter of assignment
- First-time attendees must provide two examples of recent bylined health/medical/science coverage
- Returning media should submit bylined coverage from a previous AACR Annual Meeting
- Alternatively, journalists may provide proof of membership in the Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ)
These items can be uploaded or linked to in the registration form.
Contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected] or 215-290-5408 with any questions about the registration process.
Individuals registered as press for the AACR Annual Meeting agree to abide by all embargoes.
Annual Meeting abstracts will be posted in the online itinerary planner according to the schedule below. With the exception of abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program:
- Regular abstract titles, authors, and text release on March 10, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract titles and authors ONLY (no text) release on March 10, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract text release on April 9, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. ET
Abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program are embargoed until the date and time specified on the press releases. Press program abstracts will be made publicly available once the embargo lifts.
This year’s press program will be managed by Julia Gunther, associate director, public relations, [email protected] or 770-403-7690; Matthew Burns, manager, public relations, [email protected] or 610-618-0666; Kathleen Venango, coordinator, public relations, [email protected] or 215-290-5408; and Rick Buck, senior director, communications and public relations, [email protected] or 856-562-5668.
For more information about press operations at the AACR Annual Meeting, visit our website.