AACR President David Tuveson, MD, PhD, to Speak on International Panel Commemorating World Cancer Research Day 2021 on Sept. 22
Registration is open for this free event
World Cancer Research Day (WCRD), held annually on September 24, is an international initiative that aims to raise awareness about the vital role research plays in improving cancer treatments and reducing the global burden of this devastating collection of diseases. The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is a promoting organization for WCRD.
This year, global leaders in oncology and cancer research will come together for a virtual event in advance of WCRD to discuss how the breakthroughs made in cancer research have led to progress against the more than 200 diseases we call cancer. The panel will also discuss the factors needed to continue the momentum in cancer research. View the event program.
Wednesday, September 22
4 p.m. CET / 10 a.m. ET
AACR President David Tuveson, MD, PhD, FAACR, will participate in the event on September 22. To build on this year’s theme of “Cancer Research Works, Driving Progress Together,” Dr. Tuveson will update attendees on the state of cancer research in the United States and summarize recent advances made in pancreatic cancer research.
The esteemed international panel also includes:
- Dr. Abubakar Bello, President, African Organisation for Research and Training in Cancer
- Dr. Anil D’Cruz, President, Union for International Cancer Control
- Dr. Clarissa Mathias, President, Brazilian Society of Clinical Oncology
- Dr. Ramón Reyes, President, Spanish Association Against Cancer and the AECC Scientific Foundation
- Dr. Hong Gwan Seo, President, National Cancer Center Korea
- Dr. Joan Soeane, Secretary General, European Society for Medical Oncology
Julie Gralow, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, will moderate the panel.
Members of the media are encouraged to attend this free virtual event. To register, please complete this form.
Attendees are encouraged to send questions for the panel in advance. You can submit a question on the registration page by clicking the “Send your question” button on the top of the right-hand side of the webpage.