AACR Annual Meeting Embargo Policy
Please read the following information closely. You may contact Julia Gunther at [email protected] with additional questions about the AACR’s embargo policy.
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES
Abstracts will be posted to the online itinerary planner at the time embargoes lift. The dates and times when embargoes lift are:
- Regular abstract titles, authors, and text release on March 8, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract titles and authors ONLY (no text) release on March 8, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract text release on April 8, 2022 at 1 p.m. ET
- All poster embargoes will lift when the posters go live on Friday, April 8 at 1 p.m. ET
- Abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting Press Program will lift embargo at the time of the related press conference or presentation at the meeting
Outside Press Releases
Public information officers or public relations firms representing academia or industry with abstracts in the meeting can issue press releases on information that is publicly available via the AACR’s online itinerary planner.
Institutions or companies planning to promote abstracts that are selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting Press Program must contact Julia Gunther at [email protected] to ensure all embargo policies are followed.
Embargo Violations: Presenters and Public Relations
Presenters, their companies/institutions, and affiliated public relations representatives who break the AACR’s embargo policy as outlined above could jeopardize an abstract’s placement in the scientific program and press events.
Embargo Violations: Media
Individuals registered as press for the AACR Annual Meeting 2022 agree to abide by all embargoes. In advance of the meeting, the AACR may provide abstracts, press releases, and other materials under embargo to facilitate accurate and comprehensive reporting. Failure to abide by the AACR’s embargoes may result in removal from AACR pre-embargo press lists and dismissal from current and future AACR meetings.
Last updated January 19, 2022