Media Registration Open: AACR Annual Meeting 2023, April 14-19
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) will host its 114th Annual Meeting from April 14-19, 2023, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Media interested in registering for the meeting will have the option to register for in-person or virtual attendance.
The AACR Annual Meeting offers scientists, clinicians, survivors, patients, and advocates an outstanding opportunity to share the latest advances in cancer science and medicine.
Following this year’s theme, “Advancing the Frontiers of Cancer Science and Medicine,” presentations at the meeting will span the entire field of cancer research, highlighting basic, translational, and clinical research on important topics such as cancer health disparities, precision medicine, artificial intelligence, cancer vaccines, liquid biopsy, and more. The meeting will feature distinguished speakers from around the world, hundreds of invited talks, and more than 6,000 proffered papers. You can view the preliminary AACR Annual Meeting 2023 program online.
Registration for the Annual Meeting is complimentary for credentialed news media. Journalists may register to attend the meeting in-person in Orlando or virtually. Both in-person and virtual registrants will have access to livestreamed and on-demand sessions through the virtual meeting platform. Additional information on the meeting features included with in-person and virtual registration is available here.
Journalists planning to cover the meeting must register through the AACR Department of Communications and Public Relations to receive the embargoed press program and other important communications.
To register as press, journalists must provide:
- Official press credentials such as a business card, editorial roster or masthead, international press card, or letter of assignment
- Bylined coverage from a previous AACR Annual Meeting. First-time attendees must provide two examples of recent bylined health/medical/science coverage in news outlets that meet the AACR’s criteria
- Freelance journalists who have a letter of assignment should upload a copy of the letter to the registration form linked below
- Members of the Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ) may register regardless of assignment and should upload proof of membership to the registration form linked below
Please review the AACR’s media registration requirements and policies. Journalists can request registration by filling out this form. Contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected] or 215-290-5408 with any registration questions. Information on hotel reservations, travel, and transportation is in the Accommodations and Travel section on the Annual Meeting’s website. The deadline for hotel reservations is Friday, March 3, 2023.
Individuals registered as press for the AACR Annual Meeting agree to abide by all embargoes. Please review the AACR’s embargo policy.
Abstracts will be posted to the online itinerary planner at the time embargoes lift. Below are the dates and times when embargoes lift:
- Regular abstract titles, authors, and text release on March 14, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract titles and authors ONLY (no text) release on March 14, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract text release on April 14, 2023, at noon ET
Abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program are embargoed until date and time of presentation during the Annual Meeting, either at an official AACR press conference or in a scientific session. Press program abstracts will be made publicly available once the embargo lifts.
For more information on the Annual Meeting or press operations, visit our newsroom or contact a member of the AACR public relations team: