Media Registration Now Open: AACR Annual Meeting 2020 in San Diego, April 24-29
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) will host its 111th Annual Meeting, April 24-29, 2020, at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, California.
The AACR Annual Meeting 2020 has an anticipated attendance of more than 24,000 scientists, clinicians, advocates, and others from around the world. With this year’s theme, “Turning Science into Lifesaving Care,” the scientific program includes an outstanding roster of world-class speakers, hundreds of invited talks, and more than 6,000 proffered papers. Presentations at the AACR Annual Meeting will span the entire field of cancer research, highlighting basic, translational, and clinical research on important topics such as immunotherapy, science policy, targeted therapy, artificial intelligence, liquid biopsy, early detection, cancer interception, prevention, survivorship, and cancer health disparities. View the AACR 2020 Annual Meeting program here.
The AACR press program will feature high-impact science that strengthens our understanding of cancer, as well as clinical trial results that highlight new treatment options and promise for cancer patients.
Registration for the Annual Meeting, including educational sessions, is complimentary for credentialed news media. Reporters planning to cover remotely also will need to register in order to receive the embargoed press program and other communications sent out by the AACR Department of Communications and Public Relations before and during the meeting. Individuals registered as press for the AACR Annual Meeting agree to abide by all embargoes. Read the Annual Meeting embargo policy here.
To register as press, journalists must provide:
- Official press credentials such as a business card, editorial roster or masthead, international press card, or letter of assignment
- First-time attendees must provide two examples of recent bylined health/medical/science coverage
- Returning media should submit bylined coverage from a previous AACR Annual Meeting
- Alternatively, journalists may provide proof of membership in the Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ)
Please review the full registration requirements and policies here.
Members of the media can register by contacting Kathleen Venango [email protected] or 215-309-4349.
On Site at the Annual Meeting
Hotel information can be found in the Accommodations and Travel section of the Annual Meeting website. Please note, the housing reservation deadline is Friday, March 13.
The press office hours are the following:
- Friday, April 24: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. PST
- Saturday, April 25 through Tuesday, April 28: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST
- Wednesday, April 29: 7:30 a.m. to noon PST
Press conferences will be held Sunday, April 26; Monday, April 27; and Tuesday, April 28. Additional details about the press program, including press conference times, will be announced closer to the meeting. This year, the Annual Meeting will have two days of educational sessions on Friday, April 24, and Saturday, April 25. Registered media will have access to these educational sessions.
Annual Meeting abstracts will be posted in the online itinerary planner according to the schedule below. With the exception of abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program:
- Full text for regular abstracts will be posted online and lift embargo at 4:30 p.m. EST, Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
- Titles, presenters, and presentation details (NO DATA) for late-breaking and clinical trial abstracts also will be posted online at 4:30 p.m. EST, Tuesday, March 24.
- Full text for late-breaking and clinical trial abstracts will be posted online and lift embargo at 3 p.m. EST, Friday, April 24, 2020.
Abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program are embargoed until date and time of presentation during the Annual Meeting, either at an official AACR press conference or in a scientific session. Press program abstracts will be made publicly available once the embargo lifts.
This year’s press program will be managed by Julia Gunther, assistant director, public relations, [email protected] or 215-446-6896; Rachel Salis-Silverman, director, public relations, [email protected] or 215-446-7159; Matthew Burns, manager, public relations, [email protected] or 215-446-7247; Kathleen Venango, coordinator, public relations, [email protected] or 215-309-4349; and Rick Buck, senior director, communications and public relations, [email protected] or 215-446-7162.
For more information about press operations at the AACR Annual Meeting, visit our website.