Save the Date: NCI Media Briefing at the AACR Annual Meeting 2023
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) will host a media briefing related to President Biden and First Lady Biden’s Cancer Moonshot at the AACR Annual Meeting 2023. Speakers will discuss an NCI analysis exploring how the nation can reach the Moonshot’s goal of reducing the cancer death rate by at least 50% over the next 25 years, as well as related commentary from NCI Director Monica Bertagnolli, MD; Deputy Assistant to the President for the Cancer Moonshot Danielle Carnival, PhD; and President’s Cancer Panel Chair Elizabeth Jaffee, MD, FAACR. Both the analysis and the commentary will be published in the AACR journal Cancer Discovery.
Monday, April 17, 2023
9:15 a.m. ET
Orange County Convention Center
The briefing will also be held via Zoom. Contact Cyprien Pearson-Du Toit to register: [email protected].
The briefing will begin immediately after the AACR Annual Meeting press conference scheduled for 8:30 a.m. ET on April 17, in the same room and using the same Zoom link.
- Meredith Shiels, PhD, MHS, Senior Investigator, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, NCI
- Neal Freedman, PhD, MPH, Senior Investigator, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, NCI
- Monica Bertagnolli, MD, NCI Director
- Danielle Carnival, PhD, Deputy Assistant to the President for the Cancer Moonshot
- Elizabeth Jaffee, MD, FAACR, Chair, President’s Cancer Panel; Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins
- Lisa Newman, MD, MPH, Member of the AACR Board of Directors; NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Weill Cornell Medicine