2024 AACR-QUADW Foundation Sarcoma Research Fellowship in Memory of Willie Tichenor
AACR-QuadW Foundation Sarcoma Research Fellowship in Memory of Willie Tichenor represents a joint effort to encourage and support a postdoctoral or clinical research fellow to conduct translational or clinical sarcoma research and to establish a successful career path in this field.
The fellowship provides a one-year grant of $50,000 to support the salary and benefits of the fellow while working on a mentored sarcoma research project. A partial amount of funds may be designated for non-personnel expenses, such as research/laboratory supplies, equipment, publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project, and other research expenses. However, grant funds cannot be used to compensate for clinical practice with patients or for indirect costs.
Program Guidelines Application Instructions are available in PDF format.
Research projects must be basic, clinical, translational, or epidemiological in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to sarcoma.
At the start of the grant term on July 1, 2024, applicants must:
- Hold a mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of submission, and CANNOT be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- If the future position is at a different institution than the applicant’s current institution, the applicant must contact the AACR’s Scientific Review and Grants Administration Department (AACR’s SRGA) at [email protected] before submitting their application for information on additional verification materials/signatures that may be required.
- Have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past five years (i.e., degree cannot have been conferred before July 1, 2019; the formal date of receipt of doctoral degree is the date the degree was conferred, as indicated on the diploma and/or transcript)
- Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical residency - whichever date is later - within the past five years.
- Work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
- There are no citizenship or geographic requirements. However, by submitting an application for this grant, an applicant applying from an institution located in a country in which they are not a citizen or a permanent resident assures that the visa status will provide sufficient time to complete the project and grant term at the institution from which they applied.
- AACR is obligated to comply with U.S. laws and regulations regarding research and related transactions in countries subject to U.S. Government enforcement of economic and trade sanctions for particular foreign poligy and national security reasons. If your proposed project involves U.S. Government sanctioned countries subject to restrictions, please contact the AACR’s SRGA at [email protected].
There are no citizenship or geographic requirements. However, by submitting an application for this grant, an applicant applying from an institution located in a country in which they are not a citizen or a permanent resident assures that the visa status will provide sufficient time to complete the project and grant term at the institution from which they applied.
Applicants must be AACR members in good standing (dues paid for the current year). Annual dues are not required for early-career researchers interested in Associate membership. Please be informed that AACR offers reduced membership due rates for applicants from countries with emerging economies based on the World Bank listing. Nonmembers interested in this grant opportunity must submit a satisfactory application for AACR membership by the application deadline. Nonmembers can apply for membership online. Please review the Membership Categories for the category that best fits your qualifications. Nonmembers must obtain a statement of support from a nominator who is an Active AACR member in good standing (dues paid for the current year). Nonmembers requiring assistance with finding a nominator may email [email protected] and include your geographical location to receive a list of members in your area to contact for nominations. For more information check the membership FAQ. Members can renew their membership through myAACR . You will need your logon (email address) and password to access the member portal. If you require assistance logging in, please submit a help form. Lapsed members must be members in good standing by the application deadline and should contact the Membership Department at [email protected] for assistance.