Tobacco and Cancer Resources
Tobacco Products and Cancer Resources
Below are links to helpful tobacco control and assessment resources:
- Cancer Patient Tobacco Use Questionnaire (C-TUQ) Fact Sheet (February 2018)
- Visit the Tobacco Use by Cancer Patients workspace at gem-measures.org to access the latest information and updates.
Youth Tobacco Use: Results from the National Youth Tobacco Survey
CDC, NCI, and FDA released findings from the 2018 National Youth Tobacco Survey. The findings include current use of seven tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, pipe tobacco, hookah tobacco, and bidi, as well as findings on use of multiple products and frequency of use. The results show that there were alarming increases in current use of any tobacco product among both middle and high school students between 2017 and 2018, primarily because of an increase in e-cigarette use.
FDA’s Youth Tobacco Prevention Plan
FDA’s Youth Tobacco Prevention Plana key component of the agency’s Comprehensive Plan for Tobacco and Nicotine Regulation-is a series of actions to stop youth use of tobacco products, especially e-cigarettes, with special focus on three key areas:
- Preventing youth access to tobacco products
- Curbing marketing of tobacco products aimed at youth; and
- Educating teens about the dangers of using any tobacco product, including e-cigarettes, as well as educating retailers about their key role in protecting youth