AACR to Host Press Conference Previewing the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting I: April 27-28
AACR President Elaine R. Mardis, PhD, and AACR Annual Meeting Program Chair and President-Elect Antoni Ribas, MD, PhD, will share an overview of the upcoming AACR Virtual Annual Meeting I: April 27-28, including:
- Preview of the clinical trial plenary sessions and basic and translational minisymposia
- Discussion of select newsworthy studies to be presented at the meeting
- Information about the impact of COVID-19 on cancer research, including a summary of the COVID-19 and Cancer plenary session
The press preview will also include a look ahead to the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting II: June 22-24. The program will conclude with a question and answer session with the media. Journalists may submit questions for Mardis and Ribas through the host platform during the event.
Information in this press conference is embargoed until April 27 at 12:01 a.m. ET, when full abstracts for the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting I: April 27-28 will be posted online.
To register for this event, please contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected]. You must register for the press conference separately from the AACR Virtual Annual Meetings.
Due to the rapid escalation of the COVID-19 pandemic, the AACR Board of Directors made the decision not to move forward with an in-person Annual Meeting in August, and instead to present segments of the meeting program in two AACR Virtual Annual Meetings:
- AACR Virtual Annual Meeting I: April 27-28, 2020
- AACR Virtual Annual Meeting II: June 22-24, 2020
Please see below important information for journalists planning to cover the AACR Virtual Annual Meetings.
Media Registration for the AACR Virtual Annual Meetings
If you registered as press for the original in-person Annual Meeting, you will be automatically registered as press for both AACR Virtual Annual Meetings. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the AACR with information about accessing the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting I before the meeting begins on April 27.
If you have not previously registered and would like to cover the AACR Virtual Annual Meetings, please review our registration requirements and policies and contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected]. You must register as press to receive embargoed meeting materials.
Our embargo policy has been updated to reflect the latest information for the AACR Virtual Annual Meetings. Meeting and embargo information on the AACR website will be updated regularly as plans are finalized. Individuals registered as press agree to abide by all embargoes.
- Session and abstract titles for the AACR Virtual Annual Meeting I: April 27-28 are now available in our online meeting planner. Abstract bodies will be posted April 27, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. ET.
- For more information about press operations at the AACR Virtual Annual Meetings, visit our newsroom.
Please contact the AACR Public Relations Team with any questions:
Julia Gunther, associate director, [email protected] or 770-403-7690
Matthew Burns, manager, [email protected] or 610-618-0666
Kathleen Venango, coordinator, [email protected] or 215-290-5408
Rick Buck, senior director, communications and public relations, [email protected] or 856-562-5668