AACR Breast Cancer Research Fellowships
The AACR Breast Cancer Research Fellowships represent a joint effort to encourage and support postdoctoral or clinical research fellows to conduct breast cancer research and to establish a successful career path in this field. The research proposed for funding may be basic, translational, clinical, or epidemiological in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to breast cancer.
These fellowships provide two-year grants of $120,000 to support the salary and benefits of the fellow while working on mentored breast cancer research. A partial amount of funds may be designated for non-personnel expenses, such as research/laboratory supplies, equipment, publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project, and other research expenses. Indirect costs are not permitted.
Program Guidelines and Application Instructions are available in PDF format.
Research projects may be basic, translational, clinical, or epidemiological in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to breast cancer.
At the start of the grant term on July 1, 2023, applicants must:
- Hold a mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent.
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of application and CANNOT be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- If the future position is at a different institution than the applicant’s current institution, the applicant must contact AACR’s Scientific Review and Grants Administration Department (AACR’s SRGA) at [email protected] before submitting their application for information on additional verification materials/signatures that may be required.
- Have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past five years (i.e., degree cannot have been conferred before July 1, 2018). Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical training - whichever date is later - within the past five years.
- Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical residency - whichever date is later - within the past five years.
- Work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
There are no citizenship or geographic requirements. However, by submitting an application for this grant, an applicant applying from an institution located in a country in which they are not a citizen or a permanent resident assures that the visa status will provide sufficient time to complete the project and grant term at the institution from which they applied.
Applicants must be AACR members. Annual dues are not required for early-career researchers interested in Associate membership. Nonmembers interested in this grant opportunity must submit a satisfactory application for AACR membership by the application deadline. Nonmembers can apply for membership online. Please review the Membership Categories for the category that best fits your qualifications. Members can renew their membership through myAACR to bring their membership current. You will need your logon (email address) and password to access the member portal. If you require assistance logging in, please submit a help form. Lapsed members must be members in good standing by the application deadline and should contact the Membership Department at [email protected] for assistance.