AACR-Day One Biopharmaceuticals Pediatric Cancer Research Fellowship
The AACR-Day One Biopharmaceuticals Pediatric Cancer Research Fellowship represents a joint effort to encourage and support postdoctoral or clinical research fellows to conduct pediatric cancer research and to establish a successful career path in this field. The research proposed for funding must have direct applicability to pediatric cancer and may be basic, translational, or clinical in nature.
Each fellowship provides a two-year grant of $120,000 to support the salary and benefits of the fellow while working on a mentored pediatric cancer research project. A partial amount of funds may be designated for non-personnel expenses, such as research/laboratory supplies, equipment, publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project, and other research expenses. Grant funds cannot be used for indirect costs.
Download the Program Guidelines and Application Instructions here.
This grant will support basic, translational, or clinical research projects focused on pediatric cancer.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree (including PhD, MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent) in a related field and not currently be a candidate for a further doctoral degree.
At the start of the grant term on November 1, 2022, applicants must:
- Hold a mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent.
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of application, and CANNOT be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- If the future position is at a different institution than the applicant’s current institution, the applicant must contact AACR’s Scientific Review and Grants Administration (AACR’s SRGA) Department at [email protected] before submitting their application for information on additional verification materials/signatures that may be required.
- Have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past five years (i.e., degree cannot have been conferred before November 1, 2017; the formal date of receipt of doctoral degree is the date the degree was conferred, as indicated on their diploma and/or transcript).
- Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical training - whichever date is later - within the past five years.
- Work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
There are no citizenship or geographic requirements. However, by submitting an application for this grant, an applicant applying from an institution located in a country in which they are not a citizen or a permanent resident assures that the visa status will provide sufficient time to complete the project and grant term at the institution from which they applied.
Applicants must be AACR members. Annual dues are not required for early-career researchers interested in Associate membership. Nonmembers interested in this grant opportunity must submit a satisfactory application for AACR membership by the application deadline. Nonmembers can apply for membership online. Please review the Membership Categories for the category that best fits your qualifications. Members can renew their membership through myAACR to bring their membership current. You will need your logon (email address) and password to access the member portal. If you require assistance logging in, please submit a help form. Lapsed members must be members in good standing by the application deadline and should contact the Membership Department at [email protected] for assistance.