AACR-Genmab Non-Hodgkin B-Cell Lymphoma Research Fellowship
The AACR-Genmab Non-Hodgkin B-cell Lymphoma Research Fellowship represents a joint effort to encourage and support postdoctoral or clinical research fellows to conduct non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma research and to establish a successful career path in this field. The research proposed for funding may be basic, translational, clinical, or epidemiological in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma. This fellowship especially encourages applications for projects that will advance our knowledge and practice for treating non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma with, but not limited to, the following:
• Antibody-based therapeutics (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, antibody drug conjugates, cell engagers, etc.)
• Cell therapies
• Other Immunomodulators
This fellowship provides a two-year grant of $120,000 to support the salary and benefits of the fellow while working on mentored non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma research. A partial amount of funds may be designated for non-personnel expenses, such as research/laboratory supplies, equipment, publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project, and other research expenses. Indirect costs are not permitted.
Download Program Guidelines and Application Instructions here.
The research proposed for funding may be basic, translational, clinical, or epidemiological in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree (including PhD, MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent) in a related field and not currently be a candidate for a further doctoral degree.
At the start of the grant term on September 1, 2022, applicants must:
- Hold a mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of application and CANNOT be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- If the future position is at a different institution than the applicant’s current institution, the applicant must contact AACR’s Scientific Review and Grants Administration Department (AACR’s SRGA) at [email protected] before submitting their application for information on additional verification materials/signatures that may be required.
- Have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past five years (i.e., degree cannot have been conferred before December 1, 2017 the formal date of receipt of doctoral degree is the date the degree was conferred as indicated on your diploma and/or transcript)
- Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical residency - whichever date is later - within the past five years.
- Work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
There are no citizenship or geographic requirements. However, by submitting an application for this grant, an applicant applying from an institution located in a country in which they are not a citizen or a permanent resident assures that the visa status will provide sufficient time to complete the project and grant term at the institution from which they applied.
Applicants must be AACR members. Annual dues are not required for early-career researchers interested in Associate membership. Nonmembers interested in this grant opportunity must submit a satisfactory application for AACR membership by the application deadline. Nonmembers can apply for membership online or by submitting the Official Membership Application Form and the required documents to the AACR. Please review the Membership Categories for the category that best fits your qualifications. Members can renew their membership through myAACR to bring their membership current. You will need your logon (email address) and password to access the member portal. If you require assistance logging in, please contact [email protected]. Lapsed members must be members in good standing by the application deadline and should contact the Membership Department at [email protected] for assistance.