COVID-19 Policy and Procedures
AACR Policy and Procedures
Last updated March 29, 2023
The health and safety of AACR meeting/conference participants, as well as the patients and communities we serve, are among AACR’s highest priorities.
The AACR will follow CDC recommendations and will refer to COVID-19 Community Levels when informing participants about decisions pertaining to health and safety precautions for AACR meetings/conferences.
If you are attending an AACR meeting/conference, AACR strongly recommends that you take the following precautions:
- Ensure that your COVID-19 vaccinations are up to date.
- Take a rapid COVID test within 24 hours prior to your departure for the meeting/conference and do not attend in person if you test positive.
- Do not attend the meeting/conference if you have symptoms of a respiratory infection and leave the meeting/conference if you develop such symptoms.
- Wear a mask in crowded indoor settings. A limited number of masks will be available upon request for meeting/conference registrants.
- Follow all health and safety protocols as required by the meeting/conference facility and local and state health departments.
- Review and implement the current CDC guidance for protecting yourself from COVID-19.
If you are registered to attend the meeting/conference, you will have virtual access to all of the scientific sessions in the event that you are unable to attend in person due to illness or a positive COVID test. In-person registrants can request a change to their registration status to online-only at any time before the meeting/conference by email to [email protected] and receive a refund for any differences in rates.
Registered attendees will be notified in advance of any changes to the meeting/conference precautions, recommendations, or requirements.