2021 Press Program
The AACR Annual Meeting 2021 press program included a virtual press conference featuring five newsworthy studies from the Annual Meeting. The AACR also issued news releases on 10 additional abstracts.
The AACR hosted a virtual press conference featuring presentations of newsworthy research from the AACR Annual Meeting 2021 on Friday, April 9.
AACR President Antoni Ribas, MD, PhD, FAACR, and Annual Meeting Program Chair Charles Swanton, MBPhD, FRCP, FMedSci, FRS, FAACR, moderated the press conference.View the Press Conference
The following studies were presented:
- This study was simultaneously published in The Lancet Oncology.
- Presented by: Matthew J. Matasar, MD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK)
- Presented by: Jessica Hassel, MD, University Hospital Heidelberg in Germany
- Presented by: Patrick Forde, MBBCh, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center and Bloomberg~Kimmel Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy at Johns Hopkins University
- Presented by: Emily Blauel, MD, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Presented by: Anna Plym, PhD, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health
ADDITIONAL NEWS RELEASES
- Presented by: João Alessi, MD, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- This study was simultaneously published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Presented by: Gregory Friedman, MD, Alabama Center for Childhood Cancer and Blood Disorders, University of Alabama at Birmingham and Children’s of Alabama
- Presented by: Sanaz Ghafouri, MD, University of California Los Angeles Medical Center
- Presented by: Robert Hawkins, MD, PhD, Instil Bio Inc.
- Presented by: Andreana N. Holowatyj, PhD, MS, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Presented by: Siqi Hu, a PhD candidate, University of Utah and Huntsman Cancer Institute
- This study was simultaneously published in the AACR journal Cancer Discovery.
- Presented by: Michael Kim, MD, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Presented by: Thomas Marron, MD, PhD, The Tisch Cancer Institute
- Presented by: Francesco Ravera, MD, PhD, University of Genoa, Italy
- Presented by: Neelam Sinha, MS, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute