Media Registration Now Open: Virtual AACR Annual Meeting 2021, April 10-15 and May 17-21
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) will host its 112th Annual Meeting virtually in two parts:
- Week 1: April 10-15, 2021, will feature the Opening Ceremony, plenary sessions, major scientific sessions, and award lectures. All proffered abstracts that are accepted for presentation—including clinical trials and late-breaking abstracts—will be presented this week.
- Week 2: May 17-21, 2021, will feature education sessions, methods workshops, meet the expert sessions, and professional advancement sessions.
The AACR Annual Meeting attracts scientists, clinicians, advocates, and others from around the world. Last year’s virtual Annual Meeting sessions drew more than 74,000 attendees. With this year’s theme, “Discovery Science Driving Clinical Breakthroughs,” the scientific program includes an outstanding roster of world-class speakers, hundreds of invited talks, and more than 3,000 proffered papers. Presentations at the AACR Annual Meeting will span the entire field of cancer research, highlighting basic, translational, and clinical research on important topics such as immunotherapy, targeted therapy, artificial intelligence, liquid biopsy, cancer interception, prevention, and survivorship, and cancer health disparities. You can view the AACR Annual Meeting 2021 program online.
Interview opportunities with AACR President Antoni Ribas, MD, PhD, FAACR, or AACR Annual Meeting 2021 Program Committee Chair Charles Swanton, MBPHD, FRCP, FMEDSCI, FRS, FAACR, are available upon request. To interview Ribas and/or Swanton, please contact Julia Gunther at [email protected].
The AACR Annual Meeting press program will feature high-impact science that strengthens our understanding of cancer, as well as clinical trial results that highlight promising new treatment options for cancer patients.
Registration for the virtual Annual Meeting is complimentary for credentialed news media. Reporters planning to cover the meeting will need to register to receive the embargoed press program and other communications sent out by the AACR Department of Communications and Public Relations before and during the meeting.
To register as press, journalists must provide:
- Official press credentials such as a business card, editorial roster or masthead, international press card, or letter of assignment
- First-time attendees must provide two examples of recent bylined health/medical/science coverage
- Returning media should submit bylined coverage from a previous AACR Annual Meeting
- Alternatively, journalists may provide proof of membership in the Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ)
Please review the full registration requirements and policies.
Members of the media can register on the AACR website. Contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected]r.org or 215-290-5408 with any questions about the registration process. Additional details about the press program, including press conference details, will be announced closer to the meeting.
Individuals registered as press for the AACR Annual Meeting agree to abide by all embargoes.
Annual Meeting abstracts will be posted in the online itinerary planner according to the schedule below. With the exception of abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program:
- Regular abstract titles, authors, and text release on March 10, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract titles, and authors ONLY (no text) release on March 10, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract text release on April 9, 2021, at 12:01 a.m. ET
Abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program are embargoed until date and time of presentation during the Annual Meeting, either at an official AACR press conference or in a scientific session. Press program abstracts will be made publicly available once the embargo lifts.
This year’s press program will be managed by Julia Gunther, associate director, public relations, [email protected] or 770-403-7690; Matthew Burns, manager, public relations, [email protected] or 610-618-0666; Kathleen Venango, coordinator, public relations, [email protected] or 215-290-5408; and Rick Buck, senior director, communications and public relations, [email protected] or 856-562-5668.
For more information about press operations at the AACR Annual Meeting, visit our website.
Those following on social media can join the conversation on Twitter at #AACR21.