Media Registration Open: AACR Annual Meeting 2022, April 8-13
In-person and virtual attendance options available
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) will host its 113th Annual Meeting from April 8-13, 2022, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. Media interested in registering for the meeting will have the option to register for in-person or virtual attendance.
The AACR Annual Meeting offers scientists, clinicians, other health care professionals, survivors, patients, and advocates an outstanding opportunity to share the latest advances in cancer science and medicine.
Following this year’s theme, “Decoding Cancer Complexity | Integrating Science | Transforming Patient Outcomes,” presentations at the meeting will span the entire field of cancer research, highlighting basic, translational, and clinical research on important topics such as cancer health disparities, precision medicine, artificial intelligence, cancer vaccines, liquid biopsy, and more. The meeting will also feature distinguished speakers from around the world, hundreds of invited talks, and more than 5,000 proffered papers.
You can view the AACR Annual Meeting 2022 program online.
Registration for the Annual Meeting is complimentary for credentialed news media. Journalists may register to attend the meeting in-person in New Orleans or virtually. Both in-person and virtual registrants will have access to livestreamed sessions, the e-poster platform, and more. Additional information on the meeting features included with in-person and virtual registration is available here.
Journalists planning to cover the meeting must register through the AACR Department of Communications and Public Relations to receive the embargoed press program and other important communications.
To register as press, journalists must provide:
- Official press credentials such as a business card, editorial roster or masthead, international press card, or letter of assignment
- Bylined coverage from a previous AACR Annual Meeting. First-time attendees must provide two examples of recent bylined health/medical/science coverage in news outlets that meet the AACR’s criteria
- Freelance journalists who have a letter of assignment should upload a copy of the letter to the registration form linked below
- Members of the Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ) may register regardless of assignment and should upload proof of membership to the registration form linked below
Please review the AACR’s media registration requirements and policies. Journalists can request registration by filling out this form. Contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected] or 215-290-5408 with any registration questions.
The official AACR Annual Meeting 2022 press program and press conferences will be announced at a later date.
Interview opportunities with AACR President David A. Tuveson, MD, PhD, FAACR, or AACR Annual Meeting 2022 Program Committee Chair Marcia R. Cruz-Correa, MD, PhD, are available upon request. To interview Tuveson or Cruz-Correa, please contact Julia Gunther at [email protected].
The press room hours are as follows:
- Friday, April 8: 12 to 6 p.m. CT
- Saturday, April 9-Tuesday, April 12: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, April 13: 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. CT
Individuals registered as press for the AACR Annual Meeting agree to abide by all embargoes. Please review the AACR’s embargo policy.
Abstracts will be posted to the online itinerary planner at the time embargoes lift. Below are the dates and times when embargoes lift:
- Regular abstract titles, authors, and text release on March 8, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract titles and authors ONLY (no text) release on March 8, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract text release on April 8, 2022, at 1 p.m. ET
Abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program are embargoed until date and time of presentation during the Annual Meeting, either at an official AACR press conference or in a scientific session. Press program abstracts will be made publicly available once the embargo lifts.
ON SITE AT THE ANNUAL MEETING
Hotel information can be found in the Accommodations and Travel section on the Annual Meeting’s website. The last day to request housing based on availability is Friday, February 25, 2022.
The health and safety of AACR Annual Meeting attendees remain the AACR’s highest priorities. Therefore, the AACR will be requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all attendees. Learn more about the AACR’s COVID-19 guidelines and requirements.
For more information on the Annual Meeting or press operations, visit our newsroom or contact a member of the AACR public relations team:
- Julia Gunther, associate director, public relations, [email protected] or 770-403-7690
- Matthew Burns, manager, public relations, [email protected] or 610-618-0666
- Kathleen Venango, senior coordinator, public relations, [email protected] or 215-290-5408
- Rick Buck, senior director, communications and public relations, [email protected] or 856-562-5668
Follow the meeting on Twitter using #AACR22.