Register Today: AACR Annual Meeting 2022, April 8-13
Housing deadline is February 25
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) will host its 113th Annual Meeting April 8-13, 2022, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. Media interested in registering for the meeting will have the option to register for in-person or virtual attendance.
You can view the AACR Annual Meeting 2022 program online. The online itinerary planner is now available. Information on abstract availability can be found below in the Embargo Policy section.
Registration for the Annual Meeting is complimentary for credentialed news media. Journalists may register to attend the meeting in person in New Orleans or virtually. Both in-person and virtual registrants will have access to livestreamed sessions, the e-poster platform, and more. Additional information on the meeting features included with in-person and virtual registration is available here.
Journalists planning to cover the meeting must register through the AACR Communications and Public Relations Department to receive the embargoed press program and other important communications.
To register as press, journalists must provide:
- Official press credentials such as a business card, editorial roster or masthead, international press card, or letter of assignment
- Bylined coverage from a previous AACR Annual Meeting. First-time attendees must provide two examples of recent bylined health/medical/science coverage in news outlets that meet the AACR’s criteria
- Freelance journalists who have a letter of assignment should upload a copy of the letter to the registration form linked below
- Members of the Association of Health Care Journalists (AHCJ) may register regardless of assignment and should upload proof of membership to the registration form linked below
Please review the AACR’s media registration requirements and policies. Journalists can request registration by filling out this form. Contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected] or 215-290-5408 with any registration questions.
Hotel information can be found in the Travel and Accommodations section on the Annual Meeting’s website. The last day to request housing based on availability is Friday, February 25, 2022.
The health and safety of AACR Annual Meeting attendees remain the AACR’s highest priorities. Therefore, the AACR will be requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all attendees. Learn more about the AACR’s COVID-19 guidelines and requirements.
Press Operations at the aacr annual meeting 2022
Three press conferences will be held in rooms 252-254 at the convention center. Press conferences will be held at the following times:
- Sunday, April 10, 11 a.m. CT
- Monday, April 11, 8:30 a.m. CT
- Tuesday, April 12, 8:30 a.m. CT
Abstracts included in the AACR Annual Meeting 2022 press program will be announced at a later date.
The press room will be located in rooms 255-257 at the convention center. Hours of operation are as follows:
- Friday, April 8: 12 to 6 p.m. CT
- Saturday, April 9-Tuesday, April 12: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, April 13: 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. CT
Interview Opportunities and Interview Room Space
Interview opportunities with AACR President David A. Tuveson, MD, PhD, FAACR, or AACR Annual Meeting 2022 Program Committee Chair Marcia R. Cruz-Correa, MD, PhD, are available upon request. To interview Tuveson or Cruz-Correa, please contact Julia Gunther at [email protected].
There are a limited number of private interview rooms available at the convention center. To reserve space in one of these rooms, please contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected].
Save the Date: Media Luncheon
The AACR will host a special luncheon for registered media on site at the Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 12, at noon CT. During the event, AACR President David A. Tuveson, MD, PhD, FAACR, and AACR President-Elect Lisa M. Coussens, PhD, FAACR, will give remarks and answer questions from reporters.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Kathleen Venango at [email protected].
Individuals registered as press for the AACR Annual Meeting agree to abide by all embargoes. Please review the AACR’s embargo policy.
Abstracts will be posted to the online itinerary planner at the time embargoes lift. Below are the dates and times when embargoes lift:
- Regular abstract titles, authors, and text release on March 8, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract titles and authors ONLY (no text) release on March 8, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Late-breaking and clinical trials abstract text release on April 8, 2022, at 1 p.m. ET
Abstracts selected for the official AACR Annual Meeting press program are embargoed until date and time of presentation during the Annual Meeting, either at an official AACR press conference or in a scientific session. Press program abstracts will be made publicly available once the embargo lifts.
For more information on the Annual Meeting or press operations, visit our newsroom or contact a member of the AACR public relations team:
- Julia Gunther, associate director, public relations, [email protected] or 770-403-7690
- Matthew Burns, manager, public relations, [email protected] or 610-618-0666
- Kathleen Venango, senior coordinator, public relations, [email protected] or 215-290-5408
- Rick Buck, senior director, communications and public relations, [email protected] or 856-562-5668