AACR New Drugs on the Horizon at the Annual Meeting
AACR New Drugs on the Horizon
held in collaboration with the AACR Chemistry in Cancer Research Working Group
This special series of three sessions held at the AACR Annual Meeting comprise a total of 12 presentations. Each 20-minute presentation must include a first disclosure of the chemistry and biology of small- and large-molecule agents that are currently being or will soon be actively investigated in clinical trials for the treatment of cancer.
A summary of the 12 first-time disclosures presented at the 2023 AACR Annual Meeting is available in AACR Annual Meeting News. The first two sessions took place Sunday, April 16, and were followed by a final session on Monday, April 17. All three sessions can be viewed on the virtual meeting platform by registered meeting participants through July 19, 2023.
Abstract Submission and Review Process: AACR Annual Meeting 2024
Important: The abstract submission submission and review process is distinct from the AACR Annual Meeting regular and late-breaking abstract submission processes. For further information regarding the submission of an abstract to be considered for the New Drugs on the Horizon series at the AACR Annual Meeting 2024, please complete the interest form by September 30, 2023. After this date, please contact Dr. Raquel Castellanos or Dr. Mary Mader directly by November 1. Contact information can be found below.Learn More about the AACR Annual Meeting 2024
- Abstract Submission Process Opens: Fall 2023
- Deadline to Submit Abstract for Consideration: November 1, 2023
- Selection Announcements: Early December 2023
- Accepted Abstract Submission: January 2024
- Molecular Structure and/or Sequence Submission: February 2024
- Titles and Presenter Names Released on Online Program Planner and App: March 5, 2024
- Abstracts Released: Day of presentation at the AACR Annual Meeting (April 7 or 8, 2024)
- The New Drugs on the Horizon Abstract Review Subcommittee reviews all abstracts/research summaries that are submitted for consideration.
- All review subcommittee members sign Non-Disclosure Agreements prior to reviewing any abstracts.
- Information remains embargoed as defined in the timeline above by both the AACR and the presenting organization.
Dr. Raquel Castellanos
Associate Director of Scientific Programs and Strategic Initiatives