The online abstract submitter is now closed to new submissions. Final data for clinical trial placeholder abstracts were due Thursday, February 20, 2020.
The deadline for late-breaking abstracts was Thursday, January 30, 2020. Abstracts detailing highly significant and timely findings in any area of cancer research that were not available at the time of the regular abstract deadline will be considered for presentation at the Annual Meeting. Only those abstracts that are deemed to be of high scientific priority will be accepted.
Clinical Trials Abstracts
All abstracts describing clinical trials (including clinical trial placeholder abstracts) should be submitted as late-breaking abstracts. The deadline for clinical trials abstracts was Thursday, January 30, 2020. Final data for clinical trial placeholder abstracts were due Thursday, February 20, 2020. Learn more about how to submit a Clinical Trials Abstract.
For consideration of simultaneous publication in an AACR journal, please contact AACRpublications@aacr.org.
Deadline for Withdrawal of Abstracts
Requests to withdraw regular abstracts will be accepted through Monday, March 9, 2020. Requests to withdraw late-breaking or clinical trials abstracts will be accepted through Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Withdrawal requests must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal requests must include the Abstract Control Number and title as well as an explanation of the reason for withdrawal.
Embargo Policy and Online Publication of Abstracts
In accordance with the AACR’s embargo policy, the content of abstracts must be kept confidential until they are made publicly available:
- The titles and full text of Regular Abstracts that have been accepted for presentation will be posted to the AACR Online Itinerary Planner no earlier than 4:30 p.m. U.S. ET on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, except those abstracts that are selected for inclusion in the AACR press program.
- The titles and authors of the Clinical Trial and Late-Breaking Abstracts will be posted to the AACR Online Itinerary Planner no earlier than 4:30 p.m. U.S. ET on Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
- The full text of the Clinical Trial and Late-Breaking Abstracts will be posted to the AACR Online Itinerary Planner and the Meeting App no earlier than 3:00 p.m. U.S. ET on Friday, April 24, 2020, except those abstracts that are selected for inclusion in the AACR press program.
- Abstracts that are featured in the AACR press program will be made publicly available at the date and time of presentation, either at the meeting or an official AACR press conference.
- After the meeting, abstracts will be published in an online-only supplement to the AACR journal Cancer Research.
Presentation of Proffered Papers at the AACR Annual Meeting
Every proffered abstract that has been accepted for publication in the Proceedings must have a corresponding presentation at the meeting. Specifically, the author listed as the presenter for an accepted proffered paper must attend the corresponding session to discuss in detail the research outlined in the published abstract, according to the specific guidelines of the session. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the designated presenter is unavailable to attend the session to present the paper, he or she must contact the AACR Program Development Department to designate a coauthor to serve as the presenter. If no abstract authors are available to present the data, they must withdraw the abstract immediately by contacting the AACR Program Development Department at (215) 440-9300 or email@example.com.
Failure to comply with these regulations pertaining to abstract presentation may result in actions including, but not limited to:
- The withdrawal of the abstract from the session
- The removal of the abstract from the online
- The loss of future sponsorship privileges for the sponsor of the abstract
- The loss of future abstract submission/authorship privileges for the presenter of the abstract