Application now open
The AACR invites Associate Members and early-career Active members to apply to be a NextGen Star and give a talk in a major session at the AACR Annual Meeting 2021. The following rules apply:
- Applicants must be AACR Associate Members or Active Members who are not above the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent. Please note that you must be an AACR member in good standing (dues paid for the current year) in order to submit an application. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be able to apply. Nonmembers are encouraged to apply for AACR membership. You may either submit the Official AACR Membership Application online or download the application and submit it to the AACR office with the required documents. Please allow 30 days for application review and approval notification. Visit www.aacr.org/Membership or contact [email protected] with any questions.
- Applications consist of an extended abstract (limit 8,000 characters including spaces), a CV, and a letter of recommendation from your P.I., department head, or another mentor who is familiar with your work. Only complete applications will be considered. The application deadline is 12:00 p.m. ET, Tuesday, October 13, 2020. No late applications will be considered. All applications must be submitted online through myAACR.
- Between 8 and 12 applicants will be chosen to give a talk, regardless of the number of applications received.
- Selected talks will be added to existing Major Symposia and Advances sessions, based on the subject matter of the abstract. Most talks will be 15 minutes in length plus 5 minutes for discussion, but the assigned length of the talk may vary depending on the session.
- Applicants who are selected to give talks at the Annual Meeting will receive travel support and complimentary registration for the meeting.
- The submission of an extended abstract through this application process is completely separate from the submission of a regular abstract for the Annual Meeting. Applicants will be notified of their status by early November. Those who are not selected to give a talk, but still wish to submit an abstract to the Annual Meeting, must submit a separate abstract through the normal abstract submission process by the Thursday, November 19, 2020 deadline.