Affiliate membership is open to qualified individuals who are health professionals working in support of cancer and biomedical research, survivors and advocates who are members of organizations whose mission includes the advancement of cancer research, and educators or other professionals who are interested in and/or make substantial contributions to the cancer field.
Apply Online or Download the Official AACR Membership Application
Procedures for Application Submission
A complete application consists of the following materials:
- The Official AACR Membership Application with original signatures of both the candidate and nominator.
- A cover letter from the applicant explaining the reasons for his or her interest in joining the AACR as an Affiliate member, his or her particular qualifications for this membership category, and the benefit(s) he or she expects to derive from becoming a member.
- At least one letter of nomination from an Active, Emeritus, or Honorary member should be submitted. The letter(s) should comment on the candidate’s current research activity, the specific role the candidate has within the department, and why the nominator feels the candidate should apply for Affiliate rather than Active or Associate membership.
- A copy of the candidate’s curriculum vitae including complete bibliography (list of publications).
- Payment of first year’s dues.
- The AACR membership application may be submitted to the association office at any time. Please review the Responsibilities of AACR Members prior to submitting the membership application. Payment for the first year’s dues must accompany the application. If an application is submitted by August 31, the accompanying dues payment will be credited to the current year. Candidates submitting applications between September and December may indicate whether they wish their dues payments credited to the current or forthcoming year.
After review of applications for Affiliate membership, the chief executive officer will notify candidates of their election or deferral within one month of the receipt of the application form.
Send the Membership application, curriculum vitae and bibliography and appropriate dues payment to:
American Association for Cancer Research
615 Chestnut St., 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106-4404
Telephone: 215 440-9300
Questions regarding procedures for membership application may also be directed to [email protected].
AFFILIATE ADVOCATE MEMBERSHIP
The American Association for Cancer Research is pleased to invite patient advocates to join the association as Affiliate Advocate members and enjoy the benefits of membership.Learn more