Take action and recertify your eligilibility for Associate Membership
The AACR supports the education and training of early-career researchers through educational workshops, special conferences, courses, and more!
Exclusively features cancer research positions!
The AACR supports the education, training, and professional development of early-career investigators in the cancer field. No annual dues required for Associate membership. AACR Associate membership is open to graduate students, medical students and residents, and clinical and postdoctoral fellows who are enrolled in educational or training programs that could lead to careers in cancer research. The AACR is pleased to offer opportunities to investigators in the international community, in particular, those located in countries with emerging economies. World Bank List of Countries with Emerging Economies
Benefits of Associate Membership
Membership benefits include significantly reduced registration rates for participation in AACR Annual Meetings and special conferences, the privilege of sponsoring a proffered paper (abstract) for consideration for presentation at the AACR Annual Meeting, substantially reduced subscriptions rates to one or more of AACR’s nine scientific journals, a membership card that acknowledges the member is in good standing, and more.
General Resources for Early-career Researchers
AACR resources available to assist scientists early in their career:
- Take advantage of Professional Development and Career Advancement programming.
- Leadership Opportunity: Serve on the Associate Member Council (AMC).
- Learn about how scientists at any level of their career can influence legislative policies.
- Read the latest opinions on different topics on the AACR blog: Cancer Research Catalyst.
- Interact with other early-career investigators on the LinkedIn group AACR Early-career Researcher Network.
- Learn about opportunities and resources especially geared toward medical students, residents, clinicians, and physician-scientists.